Treating Your Coil With Truck Bed Liner

Thanks and you're very welcome! I remembered how when I got my first coil I thought you had to buy a cover, I didn't realize it came with one already on it and that it came off and could even be cleaned. :P

Spraying it with truck bed liner and removing the coil cover makes it so NOTHING can get between the protection and the coil. With a cover it just slips on and off and dirt/sand/dust can get under the cover and cause interference with signals. That's prevented by ensuring it's always clean. I like this method because it's one and done!

takin off a coil cover to clean it can be a pain in the :censored: the bed liner is maintenance free

Thanks she's a great dog! I have a few videos of her on my channel too =P

I made a quick little video on how I go about coating my coil with truck bed liner. This eliminates the need for a coil cover and the chance of having dirt/dust/sand trapped under the cover and messing with your signals!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qivx-z_CNQk&feature=youtube_gdata

Enjoy!

How is it holding up? Did to get good adhesion? Whenever you spray in a bedliner in a truck, the surface should be scuffed up slightly to help the liner stick better. Your coil seems to be glossy smooth and might come off in time. Also, most cleaners leave a residue, I would think acetone or similar would be better to wipe the coil down with.
Just my 2cents worth tho.

I'm a bit confused. Why take off the existing cover just to make your own. I am a nubie and waiting for my f2 to arrive.

Thanks!

Another reason for this procedure is, maybe you're a wise consumer like myself and forgot to verify your coil includes a cover (ummm, duh?). I was going to order one for it since it wasn't included, but really like this for the reasons cited by Banemorth and dogpound.
Thanks for the Video :good:

How is it holding up? Did to get good adhesion? Whenever you spray in a bedliner in a truck, the surface should be scuffed up slightly to help the liner stick better. Your coil seems to be glossy smooth and might come off in time. Also, most cleaners leave a residue, I would think acetone or similar would be better to wipe the coil down with.
Just my 2cents worth tho.

All my coils have been holding up great! Acetone would work too. I only spray a little cleaner onto a wash cloth and haven't had any residue problems! :)

All my coils have been holding up great! Acetone would work too. I only spray a little cleaner onto a wash cloth and haven't had any residue problems! :)

That's good. What type of cleaner do you use.
From my experience, avoid anything Armorall brand. Leaves a greasy film. Some others I can't remember offhand do too.

Any chance you can post a pic of one you've used a while?

Thanks,
Ryan

Sure at work now but when I get home tonight I'll post one. Great thing about it is that should the liner ever start to wear putting another coat on is very easy. I usually use a citrus based natural cleaner to wipe them down before spraying.

Question: If you put bedliner on your coil, does this automatically void the manufacturer warranty...

:?:

I asked minelabdealer, and he said it would not void the warranty, since the liner material can be scraped off. He advised against doing it, though, as it could interfere with coil performance.

Back
Top Bottom