Last hunt at Isle of Palms

Jim Bob

Elite Member
I put in a long day yesterday but had a good time. I ran into three other pirates and talked to them all. Nice folks in this hobby. One guy had been out since 5 a.m. and he hunts this beach all the time. He was using an excal 11 and showed me his loot for the day. He had 3 rings and a bunch of clad and was telling me I had the wrong machine.:lol: He was quick to tell me the excal was the one to have out here. I wasn't insulted, he was a neat guy and talked faster than I could listen, you know the type.:D He was fun to listen to. I asked him to find a signal and let me scan it and he made a mark in the sand where he picked up a signal and I scanned with the BHID and heard nothing. He dug down about 20 inches and came up with a toy car. I was impressed. I thanked him for the demo and went on my way. I think there is a lot of minerals there that were making it hard for me to keep a constant threshold. Well here is the loot from my last hunt. I don't have a tester for gold or stones, this ring was about 10 inches down, in chest deep water at low tide. What is it made of, no markings inside but looks old.:?:

Attachments

• #1.jpg
    #1.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 694
  • #2.jpg
    #2.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 633
  • #3.jpg
    #3.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 616
old gold

alot of older gold does not have a hallmark on them. It looks golden to me and if that rock si real that would be sweet for u!!!!:D

Back
Top Bottom