Compadre ..will it go deep?

Will*in*Cali

Got a Morse code type signal. I dug it..so then I dug it . Get it?
Ok ok bad ...I know .
I can't complain about depth with this little monster.
All in bottom of hole together .
Not bad for a "toy"
Only one crusty, 4 dimes 1 quarter. Soccer field sideline.

Attachments

• rps20140722_220837_201.jpg
    rps20140722_220837_201.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 161
My 7" coil model goes past 7" easily on coin sized targets.
Most of my good stuff is usually 5-6" or less, but if need be it can get down there.
Lots of owners leave it at factory specs, but so many of us like it hot and supercharge it by slightly turning up the sense.
Mine is set to about max...just a hair below the chatter point, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
People say the Compadre is great for tot lots because you can get so close to big iron.
Mine can't get closer than a foot before it goes off, but it still does that double beep thing effortlessly on any target near or even leaning on any big metal.
Good depth, super sensitive, a wonder around iron or big steel.
The Tesoro folks have admitted that they accidentally made this thing too good...use one and you will see what they meant.

I have the 8 inch coil and I have been setting it on zinc penny lately and doing a fine job. Found a bunch of wheaties where we had looked before. The average depth is about 3 inches. I have dug some 5-6 but never deeper. I tried it on foil for a while but I didn't notice much of a difference. I love my compadre and am just waiting to find that real old coin. I say depth is okay but location is what matters. I just need to find the right location.

Back
Top Bottom