poison/prayer box charm

metalwrkr

I found a unique (to me anyway) charm at a local park. It is interesting enough I thought I'd pass on some pictures. Both the charm and chain are sterling silver. The box is 3/4"high and 3/8"X3/8"square on the base. It has a latch and hinge and opens and locks shut. I found a similar one on the web that is called a poison/prayer box. I don't know whether that means that you put poison in it, prayers in it , or curses (poison prayers) in it. I do know that my wife likes it. She wore it the other day but I didn't see her praying or cursing. She did wear it while fixing my dinner but I didn't get sick so if she is poisoning me, she is using something that is slow to act......????

Attachments

• IMG_1010 (800x599).jpg
    IMG_1010 (800x599).jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_1011 (800x599).jpg
    IMG_1011 (800x599).jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_1012 (800x599).jpg
    IMG_1012 (800x599).jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 314
She could just be doing it wrong all together... LOLOL.

It is very cool to say the least. Chain and box found together?

Regardless of whether it is for poison or for prayer, it is a really cool find.
If it had been found by anyone other than you I would really be simmering because I had already hit that same park just a few hours before you.
And, it provided some comfort when I discovered you had used your AT Pro, rather than your DFX to find it:lol:

AT Pro w/8.5X11" and 5X8 coils/GPP/Fiskars Diggers/BH Outback

Found together with the chain mostly still in the grass roots and the box slightly deeper. Came up as only a 71 VDI but quite loud. Now air tests at 81-82 but when found it also had a small split ring (probably steel) on the chain ring which my Wif had me remove. I don't remember any iron sounds but the ring may have effected the overall VDI making it lower. Sarge, I was in a different area than you but I know I have been all over where I found it at least once in the past few months. It can't have been there very long. Chris, I'm sure it is fairly modern. It is stamped AA.925 on the bottom of the box. You can find almost the exact box on the web. Thanks for the comments! I am now trying to find a poison antidote amulet ....just in case!

I have one just like that, my mom asked if I wanted it... Mine says 925 on the inside of the lid though...

Very cool find!

<*)))>{

Back
Top Bottom