Big silver over the 4th

Cherry Picker

Forum Supporter
Did a little research on a small town about 15 miles away (Cimarron) and found some pictures of the old high school that was torn down. Printed off a picture that showed the school lot after being torn down which also had a grain elevator and a building in the background I could use for reference. Drove over Saturday and found what was now a vacant lot covered with white rock for parking. There was a small area to the northwest where some big trees and grass remained. I spent about 45 minutes hunting that area and did pretty well.

A 1950 Franklin half, a 1914 United States Twenty Centavo (75% silver), 2 wheats, 2 rings and a marble. Not bad for 45 minutes.

7-5-2014-1.jpg

7-5-2014-3.jpg

Congrats on your successful research and digging! Is that scout ring marked silver? Most that I've seen posted here are silver. That Franklin is in great shape. He's on my 'want to dig' list. Good luck on future hunts. : )

Congrats, great hunt there!!

Never seen the 1914 coin before, what's the deal on that one?

<*)))>{

Is that scout ring marked silver?

Yes says Sterling. Looks like it has been re-sized at some time.

Never seen the 1914 coin before, what's the deal on that one?

It was a first for me. I looked it up and it is a Philippines coin which has been under US administration since 1898.

Very nice, my first silver was a 1944s Philippines Half Dollar. At first I thought I found a super rare commemorative, but even after finding out what I had, I still keep it in my wallet to show off to people haha

Great post. Congrats on the silvers and thanks for a fine example of how a little research can pay off.

Nice finds. I was doing some searching the site and popped out this thread. I had missed it over the 4th.

I went to school at Cimarron High School up until the 11th grade.

Cool

Back
Top Bottom