• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

That star medallion under my name? Glad you asked!

GStout76

Forum Supporter
Hey everyone and welcome to all the new members coming on board. When you see someones nametag with a blue ribbon and star attached, it means we are contributors to the forum in form of donations to keep our great site, just that...GREAT!

Our forum owners and mods do a great job of keeping this site from spammers, crashes, and rude folks trying to infiltrate the ranks of us friendly folks. I know thanks are appreciated, but it doesn't keep the site running.

This is by no means saying that if you don't donate it is a bad thing, just a note to let people see that they can donate to the site should they feel the need or have the extra scratch to put towards one of the best detecting sites on the net.

Thanks and hope to see you with a ribbon under your name too!

Also, again thanks to all the admins/mods and owners for putting forth such a quality product!

See you all on the turf,

Greg

I'm glad you pointed this feature out - I just joined this site recently, but decided I'd donate a little as well. I like the atmosphere here (other than the veterans that are bothered by newcomers to the hobby), and appreciate people whom run an excellent forum for a community of treasure hunters.

HH all!

I saved a lot of money by buying from forum sponsors, like $60 per machine on things I was going to buy anyway.

It only seemed fair to send a little of that savings to the forum that made it possible.

Also the amount of trial and error time saved by reading posts and explanations on here is priceless. Thanks Again everybody!! :yes:

I'm glad you pointed this feature out - I just joined this site recently, but decided I'd donate a little as well. I like the atmosphere here (other than the veterans that are bothered by newcomers to the hobby), and appreciate people whom run an excellent forum for a community of treasure hunters.

HH all!

ANY veteran that is bothered by a new commer to this hobby OR this site needs to get a life. I just ignore their posts along with the judgemental people that TRY to cram their views down your throat OR want to dig into your personal life. They just have nothing better to do.

LOTS here love to help, realize nobody can get it all, and enjoy sharing what they find and what they have learned.

Well there is nothing left in any of the Michigan lakes, I did get all that.

My question is, How do you donate? I also wanted to donate a few tokens for prizes if ANY mod wanted to dream up a contest.

NEVERMIND, the GREEN donate button just jumped out at me. But how about donating things for prizes?

Yes this is correct, there is nothing left up here to find. :no:

Go to Indiana or Ohio them places are pretty much unhunted I'm even thinking about moving. :lol:

I always donate to a forum when I find it to have been helpful. This forum and so many of its members have been indispensable.
In fact, I'm glad this was brought up. It's been a while since my donation. As soon as I get some more scratch, I'll push the green button again!

ANY veteran that is bothered by a new commer to this hobby OR this site needs to get a life. I just ignore their posts along with the judgemental people that TRY to cram their views down your throat OR want to dig into your personal life. They just have nothing better to do.

LOTS here love to help, realize nobody can get it all, and enjoy sharing what they find and what they have learned.

My question is, How do you donate? I also wanted to donate a few tokens for prizes if ANY mod wanted to dream up a contest.

NEVERMIND, the GREEN donate button just jumped out at me. But how about donating things for prizes?

Scuba,

One of the cool spots on this forum for donations of prizes is the Contest section. You can make a cool contest and the winner gets the prize. You would be amazed how many people reply for a contest even if the prize is only a wheat penny or similar. We have some pretty outstanding people here and some awesome events have happened.

Good luck,

Greg

thanks for bringing this to my attention, OP. I somehow never noticed that green DONATE button.

Done and done :) Happy to support a great site that has been an invaluable resource to me.

Scuba,

One of the cool spots on this forum for donations of prizes is the Contest section. You can make a cool contest and the winner gets the prize. You would be amazed how many people reply for a contest even if the prize is only a wheat penny or similar. We have some pretty outstanding people here and some awesome events have happened.

Good luck,

Greg

Thanks Greg, you beat me to it!! ;):lol::lol:

I helped a friend run a website/business and there are costs involved. (not Millions of dollars, but something none the less).

Think about donating!!!

I saved money on my equipment.
I sold stuff for free through an auction
I bought some gold/silver people were selling
I met some cool hunting friends
the list goes on and on..

Thanks Greg, you beat me to it!! ;):lol::lol:

Greg and Ron, I am willing to donate a few things for prizes. I don't want to be involved though. LOL I am really not that creative.

IF somebody here wants a few old tokens that I have doubles of to make prizes especially MODS, Please PM me an address and I will be happy to contribute.

LOL Looks like I also started a turf war!!

DONATE... you know that it is worth it!

There HAS to be a million dollars worth of info shared on this forum yearly!

Yes this is correct, there is nothing left up here to find. :no:

Go to Indiana or Ohio them places are pretty much unhunted I'm even thinking about moving. :lol:

I JUST purchased an AT Pro today, so PLEASE stay out of Ohio!! Did I mention we have the black plague spreading down here? Just wanted to warn you! :lol:

Greg and Ron, I am willing to donate a few things for prizes. I don't want to be involved though. LOL I am really not that creative.

IF somebody here wants a few old tokens that I have doubles of to make prizes especially MODS, Please PM me an address and I will be happy to contribute.

LOL Looks like I also started a turf war!!

I am not a mod, but a very active user. I would be willing to help with that if you wanted. Although, you don't have to be very creative. Some of the things I have seen:

1) Fill a jar with "X" (any common household item....M&M's, wheat pennies,etc.) and the first person to guess the right amount wins the gift.

2) History research. Find out something about your local history that isn't easily found on the internet and the first person figure it out....wins.

3) Cool story about a find or personally local history and you pick the winner or winners....

Just some quick idea's that you can do. Take a look on the threads there and you can get some neat idea's!

And thanks to all that are starting to support the site!

Greg

Back
Top Bottom