Omega 8000 or T2 SE?

TN_INDIAN

Forum Supporter
Ok guys yall been helping me a lot with my next upgrade. Well time is getten closer. Friday is the big day that i will be making my purchase. After figureing the bills etc etc and having 5 young kids the F75 SE is out of question. BUT the T2 SE and the Omeaga 8000 is looking very good. Some say the T2 SE is just like F75 SE without a few bells. Ok and some sayin that the Omeaga 8000 has the edge on finding coins which i am a coinshooter. So what do you guys think personally? I have done over 100 hrs research lol.

If I were you...in this price range I would seriously have to recommend an AT Pro or Gold.

But...if your decision is down to the T2 and the Omega, I personally would go with the Omega if you're primarily interested in coin shooting.

It is reportedly better than the T2 on coins. I owned the T2...and once I decided my interests lie with coin hunting I quickly sold it. Its a really good relic machine, but I felt it lacked for coin hunting and it was very very noisy.

If I were you...in this price range I would seriously have to recommend an AT Pro or Gold.

But...if your decision is down to the T2 and the Omega, I personally would go with the Omega if you're primarily interested in coin shooting.

It is reportedly better than the T2 on coins. I owned the T2...and once I decided my interests lie with coin hunting I quickly sold it. Its a really good relic machine, but I felt it lacked for coin hunting and it was very very noisy.

Thks GREAT feedback!

Might also consider the Xtera 705. I hear its a great machine and the plus of it is you can change its frequencies to suit your hunting needs simply by changing a coil.

Might also consider the Xtera 705. I hear its a great machine and the plus of it is you can change its frequencies to suit your hunting needs simply by changing a coil.

Oh no not another detector i have to research lol. i have spent over 100 hrs researching Omeaga 8000, F75 SE, T2 SE, and F70. But have heard more than once on the Xtera 705 suggestion so will liik into it i guess. THANKS AGAIN!!

So far leaning towards the Omeaga 8000 before doing my research on the 705 that is. Im not sure what my ground is like here but i do have a FANTASTIC site that was a old fair ground and park back in the early 1920s. Deer season is over and now waiting for turkey season to come and go so i can pound it. Its a bean feild now that has small stubs of bean stalks standing about 3in in some places. i have hunted it a lil bit before the owner asked me to come back after deer and turkey season to come back. This is gonna be a VERY good site and want the best machine for this site mainly. Also i like stable VDI numbers like the Omeaga 8000 offers. I like the T2 SE for the amazing depth but it lacks on stable VDI numbers. Ok i love the F75 SE cause it has a backlite{will be hunting many hrs at night before owner replants} and is just top of the line detector but im sure i wont have enuf money to get it payday. Turkey season hasnt even started yet so still have time. So should i wait 2 more weeks to purchace the F75 SE when i get paid again or go ahead and get the next detector in line which im leaning towards the O8?

The old fair site is about a 5 acres btw. Other than that some woods hunting and old church and school sites.

I have owned both the omega and the 705. Omega was nice coin shooter but real chatty. 705 is also great on coins little slower processor so need to swing slower but purrs like a cat, well balanced, great display and simply a way better machine

If you can't find a used F75 LTD, then get the T2 SE. The Omega, while a good detector, isn't the best for the woods or field stubble...You'll wish you had the boost option...

Knowing you have stubble...yes it might be a necessity to have the boost mode. But keep in mind...eventually you might want to hunt other areas too. If you're newer to detecting like me...the chattiness of the T2...and apparently the Omega is hard to deal with. It really took the enjoyment out of the hunt for me on some occassions.

If you can't find a used F75 LTD, then get the T2 SE. The Omega, while a good detector, isn't the best for the woods or field stubble...You'll wish you had the boost option...

But i have read that the T2 SE VID numbers is jumpy after about 4" on coins....

All the detectors mentioned are good coinshooters and the T2 with boost would be a big plus. Omega is known for sniffing out the silvers.I would personally take the F70 or the F75 standard over the ones mentioned.If the F70 and F75 standard is out of the equation ,probably the best coinshooter in that price range out there is the CZ3D.:grin:
Anyhow,good luck with the Omega or T2 they will do just fine.

I have an Omega and love it! I got a gold ring my first time using it and a 1868 indian my second time with it! It can be chatty or quiety depending on how hot you want it. It is INSANE on coins and IDs them better than most machines. I think you'll be really happy with it!

Debate is over. Going with the T2 SE after weeks of research. THANKS guys for your imputs. Was a big help. Now if Friday will just get here. Already read the manual couple times haha.

You dig by tones, the screen is just for a second opinion...I couldn't even really tell you, without checking...where any coins ID at on the T2, except I know nickels are a 56:lol:. I ran the base model for 6 weeks, got silver on like every hunt and found 47 silvers total, including a tiny 1859 3-center. Most of those silvers were between 6-8 inches deep, in a variety of terrain...woods, schoolyards and the beach. They all sounded like silvers in the headphones...

You dig by tones, the screen is just for a second opinion...I couldn't even really tell you, without checking...where any coins ID at on the T2, except I know nickels are a 56:lol:. I ran the base model for 6 weeks, got silver on like every hunt and found 48 silvers total, including a tiny 1859 3-center. Most of those silvers were between 6-8 inches deep, in a variety of terrain, woods, schoolyards and the beach. They all sounded like silvers in the headphones...

COOL thanks

Like captain said. If in woods, tall grass, stubble fields you will want the added depth of T2 boost. You won't get great VDI in those situations anyway. But if you are on cut grass it would be hard to beat the Omega on coins with solid and accurate Target ID at depth. It is rock solid until it drops off detection. Even in iron. Main reason I got one. No more guessing after 8". Both are chatty machines at times but that's because they let you run hot. Omega gain is maxed at 70. from there is Threshold gain which makes makes everything loud, including EMI.

The VDI numbers on Teknetics are about 10 higher than on F series for coppers. Nickels are 56/57 due to extended iron range.

You may consider MObob's F5 if you wanted an omega since you are used to it's vdi numbers and has concentric coil. It was the precursor to the omega and threshold is independent of sensitivity gain so you could in theory turn up the volume on those deepies even while running lower sensitivity. Something that is simplified on the omega. I think the omega is an upgrade on disc and target id though which is what it's all about. Effectiveness.

Like captain said. If in woods, tall grass, stubble fields you will want the added depth of T2 boost. You won't get great VDI in those situations anyway. But if you are on cut grass it would be hard to beat the Omega on coins with solid and accurate Target ID at depth. It is rock solid until it drops off detection. Even in iron. Main reason I got one. No more guessing after 8". Both are chatty machines at times but that's because they let you run hot. Omega gain is maxed at 70. from there is Threshold gain which makes makes everything loud, including EMI.

The VDI numbers on Teknetics are about 10 higher than on F series for coppers. Nickels are 56/57 due to extended iron range.

You may consider MObob's F5 if you wanted an omega since you are used to it's vdi numbers and has concentric coil. It was the precursor to the omega and threshold is independent of sensitivity gain so you could in theory turn up the volume on those deepies even while running lower sensitivity. Something that is simplified on the omega. I think the omega is an upgrade on disc and target id though which is what it's all about. Effectiveness.

Ok you win as well. Omega is not out of picture yet. I'm likening the option of useing a concentric coil if needed and accurate vdi numbers.

Back
Top Bottom