• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Equinox update~Recovery Speed

yooper69

Elite Member
Just curious as to whether anyone who has updated their Nox and don't like it or not sure about it have played with your recovery speeds ? I have changed it back and forth multiple times on each target . To test tone~depth on each speed . Now since update i am finding that running at speed 4 instead of 6 where i ran it since i bought it and found over 400 in clad and over 30 silver coins . Plus it is hitting targets way deeper . Went over a small area in my back yard where the only targets were hitting one way before update and since update 2 of them hit both ways and were silver 27 merc and 46 Gw . Only ground soft enough to dig is covered in snow so have swing under the pines .

Just curious as to whether anyone who has updated their Nox and don't like it or not sure about it have played with your recovery speeds ? I have changed it back and forth multiple times on each target . To test tone~depth on each speed . Now since update i am finding that running at speed 4 instead of 6 where i ran it since i bought it and found over 400 in clad and over 30 silver coins . Plus it is hitting targets way deeper . Went over a small area in my back yard where the only targets were hitting one way before update and since update 2 of them hit both ways and were silver 27 merc and 46 Gw . Only ground soft enough to dig is covered in snow so have swing under the pines .

I'll have to try that as I always run 5 and above...usually 6 or 7. But, I'm usually hunting in really trashy areas. I'll try 4 and see how it works out. What mode are you using?

I'll have to try that as I always run 5 and above...usually 6 or 7. But, I'm usually hunting in really trashy areas. I'll try 4 and see how it works out. What mode are you using?

Park 1 the last few hunts sensitivity high as possible. Park 2 speed 6 iron bias 0. Trying to force myself to experiment a little. Since update and playing with speed and different modes areas i thought were getting picked out have really come back to life. Picked enough clad quarters today in 2 hours to buy a case of beer:laughing:

Hey Yoop! Thanks for the research! I'll give it a try this weekend. Let us know how it works for you today at that one park...

Hey Yoop! Thanks for the research! I'll give it a try this weekend. Let us know how it works for you today at that one park...

Snow was about 10~12 inches in most of the park . Worked a small area that had about 6 inches got some clad 4.38 . 65 quarter was the closest to silver i got today:( Worked for 45 min . Going to stay in the lower elevation tomorrow. Might just go out my back yard and work along the lake

Thanks for posting your observations. I've been running Park 1, noise cancel, GB, recovery 4, iron bias 0 and tones set to give a med-high tone on 11-14 and high tone on 19 and above. This has been killing the deep coins! I hit a yard today that I've detected 3 times before. Twice with the Etrac and once with the Vaquero. It was like I never even detected it! I found a GW and Merc stuck together in a plug and dug several coins at 8"+.

It seems like a recovery speed of 4 gives the audio a certain nuance when there's a coin under the coil versus a screw cap or some other junk.

Back
Top Bottom