Venting

DbblTap

Elite Member
Last week, I was at a local spot where I leave the place better then when I got there. When I was there, I noticed 2 people, One holding a MD and the other with a shovel. I did my thing and kept a eye on them because something was just not right about them. I left.
Today I was there and noticed where I saw them last where giant holes left open along with 2 dozen other holes left open.

I got angery as hello how they left the place and hoped the town did not see this so I filled in the holes and left. I know they did this and nobody else because this park is off the beaten path and the locals know about it. If it was during the summer it may had been kids playing in the sand but it's not here.

I just hope people know I or the other MD ers who frequent this spot did not do this.

HH

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

While there's some risk, I'd likely have approached them concerning their lack of etiquette. Perhaps they just needed some education.

Of course, there's always the risk that they'd get nasty, which would likely end with their shovel wrapped around their neck ( :) I have a black belt (about to test for my second degree) and I hunt with a third degree black belt LOL )

But really, I think that most people would be happy to learn....

While there's some risk, I'd likely have approached them concerning their lack of etiquette. Perhaps they just needed some education.

Of course, there's always the risk that they'd get nasty, which would likely end with their shovel wrapped around their neck ( :) I have a black belt (about to test for my second degree) and I hunt with a third degree black belt LOL )

But really, I think that most people would be happy to learn....
I have met other MD out there and always nice BUT I felt and knew they had no idea and where not approachable BUT the public would see the damage they did and blame us.
I studied Jujutsu, Judo and a Brown Belt in Kempo besides Boxing and Kickboxing. I hunt in peace and that is the way I like it.

HH

They do that at the beach all the time. If its a few holes I fill them in. If its a bunch I get the heck out of there before I get blamed. FWIW I once said something to someone on the beach about filling their holes and it wasn't long before someone started tossing zinc cents by the bucket for me to deal with.

That sucks, end up having the wrong person see all the holes all over and make a huge stink about it. Newspapers, Facebook etc. MD'ing blacklisted quickly in the area. Scary how fast that can happen.

Common Springtime problem...folks get a rig for Christmas and out they go to the nearest park and dig up the place looking for The Treasure of the Sierra Madre....

Its sort of dangerous educating/confronting such wild eyed and ignorant individuals, doesnt matter if you are black belt, packing heat, or Gracie trained...'steer clear of fools'...evade and avoid tactics are always the best option...Just saying, do not feel that its your duty to defend the Sport or educate the ignorant...None of us will be there to have your back if things go sideways for you....:?:

Humans can be damn dangerous! Even a stupid looking booboo might get off a lucky shot on a superior! It just aint worth the risk! No matter how good you are at self defense, Do not EVER underestimate the lucky shot of a stupid booboo!

I'm sure you know this....But for general Forum consumption for those that dont, as a warning.....be very careful in any kind of Human interaction or confrontation afield...The noble goal of educating or 'defending the Sport' is not worth the risk! This kind of thinking gets a guy killed...

Last edited:
well, the good thing is, a "used" metal detector will soon be on the market. Most of those idiots lose interest real fast when they dont find buried gold coins their first week.

I have found that approaching people in a friendly manner and making Hole Filling/Plug Cutting just another seemingly minor part of the conversation to be effective. Theres no reason to be confrontational with most folks.

I have found that approaching people in a friendly manner and making Hole Filling/Plug Cutting just another seemingly minor part of the conversation to be effective. Theres no reason to be confrontational with most folks.
I do agree.

Common Springtime problem...folks get a rig for Christmas and out they go to the nearest park and dig up the place looking for The Treasure of the Sierra Madre....

Its sort of dangerous educating/confronting such wild eyed and ignorant individuals, doesnt matter if you are black belt, packing heat, or Gracie trained...'steer clear of fools'...evade and avoid tactics are always the best option...Just saying, do not feel that its your duty to defend the Sport or educate the ignorant...None of us will be there to have your back if things go sideways for you....:?:

Humans can be damn dangerous! Even a stupid looking booboo might get off a lucky shot on a superior! It just aint worth the risk! No matter how good you are at self defense, Do not EVER underestimate the lucky shot of a stupid booboo!

I'm sure you know this....But for general Forum consumption for those that dont, as a warning.....be very careful in any kind of Human interaction or confrontation afield...The noble goal of educating or 'defending the Sport' is not worth the risk! This kind of thinking gets a guy killed...
Your right. You just know who by their actions who you can chit chat with.

I ALWAYS speak up. Politely, friendly, nicely and let them know that I REA:LLY admire well covered holes and so does EVERYONE else. I generally get through without anyone getting angry.
But then... I'm also well prepared for potential violence.

"Sage(Back off! I know Feng Shui!)Grouse

Back
Top Bottom