9 day vacation only found rocks

predrunner

Forum Supporter
Well I went up North camping with the family. I only detected the beach and our campsite. There were a few different people metal detecting when I stopped at the beach the first day so I didn't expect much. I found just a few coins and a ton of junk and caps/tabs.

We decided to pick rocks all week because there were a lot of cool looking quartz style rocks and took home about 30 pounds of them. I've never tumbled rocks so this will be a learning curve. I separated two barrels worth to start with the same style rocks in each barrel and I will let them run until next Saturday with the coarse grit.

Wish us luck because we have no idea what we are doing. Now that I am home I think I will have to try to look for some metal objects.

Attachments

• rocks.jpg
    rocks.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 226
Too bad about the detecting, I hope the mosquitos didn't get you!
Check with Glennz about tumbling, he is a professional from Alaska on the forum here:yes:

hah! and I though I'm the only one having a bad day detecting...lol

two beach from tybee island, GA to Hilton Head,SC
all i got was a crusty 2 pennies and a fake bling hahaha
you add sun burn and that is how I spend my vacation this year. Flew from Iowa to Charlotte drove 5 hrs to Savannah for that 2 penny haul. I rest my case.:laughing:

Here is a pic after the first round of coarse grit. I only ran them four and a half days because they are beach rocks and were already pretty round. If these turn out I don't know what I'll do with them but it is fun to watch the progress with the kids.

Attachments

• tumbled2.JPG
    tumbled2.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 86
Back
Top Bottom