I'm beside myself! UPDATE - more silver than I thought

Monkeys Uncle

Short morning hunt on vacant lot. 1940's or '50ish homesite where bldg. was recently razed or relocated?? Among the many hvy brass & copper finds were approx. a dozen golf balls...but more important, three ('count em') silvers. What are the odds - - two '64 quarters in one hole, about 5" dn next to the driveway and shortly thereafter, a '61 Rosie practically on the surface in the backyard? :shock: "Before" cleanup pics for your viewing pleasure:
72214.jpg
GL and HH! Whoop! Just discovered there were two wheaties ('44D & '49D) in the mix.

Holy ka ka!! One of the dirty/corroded Nickels is a '43 S...more (35%) silver. That's FOUR (4) for the day. I am beyond shocked. :shock: :D

Last edited:
Nice Hope you go back and search every inch of that one and dig those iffy signals. HH

:grin:Envy, envy , envy From this side.. Love those silvers as they still evade me. :) Very nice hunt man. Hit that place every free second you have till you're run out. Hope ya get a "half" or Silver dollar.

1943 S War Nickel

Poor quality pic (3rd attempt), but here it is:
72214c.jpg
Four for the day...new record for this old man and I've only been doing this since Mar. 24th. It's addictive, I tell you. Some days, it's why I get out of bed. :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom