Female Detectorists on the Forum

I just want to say that I have not recieved any PMs at all and if anything inappropriate where to come my way I would be sure to notify admins right away. I have noticed that not many women are on this forum as I imagine it is a hobby that is pretty male dominant but I am happy to be a part of it! :D

I appreciate all the advice and help I have gotten from everyone and I look forward to staying and enjoying this forum! :grin:

Hitting on women in a MD forum PM. Dude... lol
The good news is that you've hit rock bottom, nowhere to go but up!

I just want to say that I have not recieved any PMs at all and if anything inappropriate where to come my way I would be sure to notify admins right away. I have noticed that not many women are on this forum as I imagine it is a hobby that is pretty male dominant but I am happy to be a part of it! :D

I appreciate all the advice and help I have gotten from everyone and I look forward to staying and enjoying this forum! :grin:

Well that's good hear. I work at company that of 5000 employees that is over 85% women so I have a little bit of an idea about what that's like :)

Having worked as a laborer in the building trade when i was younger it disgusted me the way passing women were wolf whistled at and the secretaries were treated..i could go into the office when it was pay packet time because the workers were drooling over the secretaries.

I met my wife online when youd just chat and things might develop but that wasnt guarenteed and people talked first and not persued anyone female although everyone had troll stories (this was back in the 90's and yet they were around even then).

Personally we could do with more women in the hobby, there are a few in my md club and have never been treated differently as far as i know.

I'd think in this hobby we should welcome more women..make this a family hobby, cover more area and bring a whole new interest in history, I'd welcome group hunts with women, men and yes even kids, having them scan alongside you sure beats them bugging you about that you found..:laughing:

History isnt woned by men so shouldnt just be men finding it....bring the women on and treat them the same as everyone else..respect them and be the professional we should be

This is worse than picking up chicks at church. This is a hobby forum guys! If you want a date go to a dating website. If anything this hobby should make you unattractive to the opposite sex :lol:

There is nothing wrong with meeting someone at church. I met my wife at church because the Lord led me to her. I married her 19 days later and we have been married 10 years now, Best wife a man could dream of. But of course there was never any lewdness involved. Guys my cancer has come back hard and the oncologist is going to change my chemo to kyprolis next week. MY back went out comepletely. Hope the new chemo works.

Guys my cancer has come back hard and the oncologist is going to change my chemo to kyprolis next week. MY back went out comepletely. Hope the new chemo works.

That's a rotten thing to happen. Good luck with the new treatment

For you younger guys I have a saying "No girls in the tree fort". It is all fun and games then you get comfortable then your done. I do not know who is playing around but you can not win. If you are joking its not appropriate and if your serious your a perv. It is lose/lose all day long.

There is nothing wrong with meeting someone at church. I met my wife at church because the Lord led me to her. I married her 19 days later and we have been married 10 years now, Best wife a man could dream of. But of course there was never any lewdness involved. Guys my cancer has come back hard and the oncologist is going to change my chemo to kyprolis next week. MY back went out comepletely. Hope the new chemo works.

We are talking about harmless flirting and this man has real life issues. I hope your new treatment works. Prayers sent to you and you wife.

frhamlet
Sorry to here the news about your cancer.I hope the new chemo works
for you also. If your reading this and your up to it pop in and say hello.
I'm sure everyone would like to here from you.

Noticed a new member

from from the town where my wife and I live. Within days of becoming a member she left with an extreme reaction wanting all her info deleted.
Hope if one of our members was the cause, that they got the boot!

Unfortunately most of the ladies don't report it. They just leave, and we find out "after-the-fact"

I don't know why that is, but then it's too late.

So, don't run them off! Sometimes I feel like I'm alone here. :bighanky:
Do the culprits get banned?

Back
Top Bottom