1936 Farm License Plate

SoOregonMd

Elite Member
Found an old license plate today while detecting on my property.

an area of my land is riddled with "trash" so I haven't done much detecting there because the noise is annoying lol.. anyways I decided to explore a little and dug up a 1936 Oregon license plate rusted to hell with no paint left.
F9-107 is the number.

doing a little research I found that the F stands for Farm Vehicle.
Also found that back then you had to get a NEW license plate every year (no such thing as tags). This leads me to believe my Trash must all date somewhere around there.
I have found rusted out wire, Sardine cans, bean cans, coffee cans and every other kind of Can Slaw you can imagine.
I even found a little circular container..
I was really hoping something was still inside my lil treasure.. er I mean Trash box but after opening it I found it was empty with the exception of a little brown substance inside. looking at it closely I think it may be shoe polish reside.. size and color fits so that's what I am calling it.. brown gold.
Anyways I really really really wish the License plate had the farm vehicle attached to it... so the hunt goes on.

It sounds like a part of your property contains an old farm dump site. People used to burn their trash and what couldn't be burned was dumped in a ravine. (Hopefully on their own property). And yes, a person got new metal license plates every year. I'm old enough to have experienced all of this.

Continue to check that dump site. You may find old bottles and who knows what else. I once found a waffle maker that fit into one of the circular openings on top of the old wood burning stoves. GL & HH.

Back
Top Bottom