• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

What is Clad?

It’s basically all modern coins, not including modern silver, gold, and other precious metal coins made for collectors.

1964 and back Silver.. The rest is what we all call Clad or modern coins. Look it up and you will see.. Ain't too hard..

Thank You...My Resume Is Blooming :lol:

This site helped me out when I started out. Other members have better sites, I'm sure. I found this one easy to follow for some basic coin I.D.s, dates, and make up..ie...% silver or whatever mineral....

https://www.usacoinbook.com/

Good luck!!! and keep asking questions....one of the best ways to learn without getting your hands dirty....

For those who like a photo to make it really clear -

clad_side.jpg

1964 and back Silver.. The rest is what we all call Clad or modern coins. Look it up and you will see.. Ain't too hard..

Most everyone I know that ask me about what I find metal detecting, friends, family, co-workers, etc... have all asked me the same question "What is clad" So I think it was a very legit question to ask.

Most everyone I know that ask me about what I find metal detecting, friends, family, co-workers, etc... have all asked me the same question "What is clad" So I think it was a very legit question to ask.

Truthfully, we are probably some of the only people who call coins "clad". And its really just a nickname, nothing more.

Back
Top Bottom