Just got my Lobo Supertraq!!!

Dragonsfly44

I am very excited to say, I finally have my Lobo Supertraq. I bought it used on eBay about a week ago. Pictures showed it had scuffing on the coil and was obviously used, but looked to be in good working order.
Well, I finally got the package today. I opened it up, popped the batteries in and switched it on. Low and behold, a very loud battery test sounded off, which, while quite painful, was music to my ears. I tested it briefly with a dime, just to see how it responded and it was awesome. I just love the sound of this detector!
Best part is, right before I went to put it away for the time being, I decided to put on the new coil cover I had bought due to the condition of the coil. I tried to put it on but it was too small...I thought that was strange, so I looked a little closer at the coil. It seemed to have dirt in and around the seam on top. I pressed lightly on the outer edge and some dirt came out. It was then that I realized it was already covered! All of the pictures of this coil online showed it with this seam, so I had no idea it was covered. I popped the cover off, and to my delightful surprise, the coil underneath is as perfect as the day it was made! The top of the coil is yellow from age, but it's in amazing overall condition, especially considering it's at least 10 years old, according to the seller! Sorry for the rambling and the gushing, but I just can't help myself. :excited: :run1::whoohoo:
I also hope this was the proper forum to post in...

Sweet ! Congrats on the new rig . Those things will find the goods .
Excellent choice đź‘Ť

Can't wait for the hunting reports . Remember .. everything is treasure to us. And we love pictures.
,Dew

Back
Top Bottom