Has ANYBODY tested an Equinox yet?

Texaspast

Elite Member
There's got to be somebody out there who has gotten their sweaty hands on an EQ to test out. I'm wanting to order one, but I sure would like to have some real-life feedback from someone whose not on the ML payroll - not that there's anything WRONG with that, of course . . . ;)

Also, I understand the 600 will have two less frequencies than the 800. Which ones are different and how do you think that will affect operation?

The only ones that have been in peoples hands yet are the test versions , not the final product. Since that is the case , no truly accurate claims or reviews can be made at this time other than what has already been seen.

Also, I understand the 600 will have two less frequencies than the 800. Which ones are different and how do you think that will affect operation?

600 will be without the 20 and 40 kHz frequencies as single frequency options. They'll still be used in Multi Frequency mode on both the 600 and 800.

The two highest frequencies are used for prospecting mode which doesn't come on the 600.

Minelab Authorized Dealer

There's got to be somebody out there who has gotten their sweaty hands on an EQ to test out. I'm wanting to order one, but I sure would like to have some real-life feedback from someone whose not on the ML payroll - not that there's anything WRONG with that, of course . . . ;)

I was told by my contact that they would be out before X-Mass,
If any new news that comes out I will let you know.
We are just still taking pre-Orders
dennis

600 will be without the 20 and 40 kHz frequencies as single frequency options. They'll still be used in Multi Frequency mode on both the 600 and 800.

The two highest frequencies are used for prospecting mode which doesn't come on the 600.

Is 20 kHz really that high of a frequency that it's mainly just good for prospecting? I can see 40 kHz being on the low end for prospecting, but I thought most prospecting used really high frequencies like 40 - 80 kHz...20 seems kinda low although higher than detectors like the AT Gold for instance.

Minelab is walking a fine line, they don't want to obsolete any of their gold detectors or any others they make.

Is 20 kHz really that high of a frequency that it's mainly just good for prospecting? I can see 40 kHz being on the low end for prospecting, but I thought most prospecting used really high frequencies like 40 - 80 kHz...20 seems kinda low although higher than detectors like the AT Gold for instance.

Good question. I'm not sure exactly how the prospecting mode will work. I figured the default would just be a single frequency mode set at 40kHz but who knows.. Maybe 20kHz is used in Multi frequency mode in Prospecting mode? I don't do any prospecting so I'm not too concerned with it. The main reason I went with the 800 was the extra headphone options.

:?:
Good question. I'm not sure exactly how the prospecting mode will work. I figured the default would just be a single frequency mode set at 40kHz but who knows.. Maybe 20kHz is used in Multi frequency mode in Prospecting mode? I don't do any prospecting so I'm not too concerned with it. The main reason I went with the 800 was the extra headphone options.

Pretty much same here. Don't expect to use it but having it just in case someone ever "oldnaps" me and takes me to the coast...I'll be prepared! :laughing:

I figure that 20 and 40 kHz has to bang hard on gold rings, hopefully even gold chain links.

:?:

Pretty much same here. Don't expect to use it but having it just in case someone ever "oldnaps" me and takes me to the coast...I'll be prepared! :laughing:

I figure that 20 and 40 kHz has to bang hard on gold rings, hopefully even gold chain links.

Now that I went back and looked at it, its not labeled "Prospecting". It just says "Gold" mode. Maybe its designed for general gold hunting including small gold rings and chains like you mentioned. If thats the case, I guess the 20kHz frequency makes sense.

There is a good chance the use of single freq (higher freq) will yield somewhat better performance in and around iron.

Of course accurate ID here in these areas unimportant, just be able to discern nonferrous from ferrous.

According to Minelab's advertising ("Obsoletes all single-frequency vlf detectors"), using any single frequency on the EQ is obsolete. :laughing:

According to Minelab's advertising ("Obsoletes all single-frequency vlf detectors"), using any single frequency on the EQ is obsolete. :laughing:

As long as it goes deeper more accurate than my Atpro and definitely better balanced then we're good! P.s. its cheaper than etrac , deus etc.:yes:

Oh, I dunno.. A light weight machine that has the ability to run single frequencies ranging from 5kHz to 40kHz, simultaneous multi-frequency, waterproof, accurate TID, wireless headphones included (Nox 800), all at a great price JUST MIGHT make everything else in that price range obsolete.

If the Equinox series performs as advertised they'll definitely put the hurt on sales of a LOT of detectors in the $500-$1200 price range.

I'm watching also

Hopefully some reasonable reviews with comparisons that we can relate to will surface soon after they are available.

Back
Top Bottom