Time Ranger, Land Ranger Pro, or Fisher F22

hockeypop98

Hi, I'm needing help choosing my detector, which after all my research, I've pared down to these 3 in a $200-$230 price point.

I'm retired, and plan on using it to make my walks along trails, farmland, and riverbanks more interesting. I'm looking for a unit that I won't have the urge to upgrade because of lacking something I should've included.

If I left out any contenders that anyone feels tops these units, please weigh in!

Thanks for your help!
(Now I've got to go delete my post that somehow landed in Sponser Feedback! [emoji854])

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

I got my son a F22 Christmas last year and ended up stealing it from him to use. It will hit clad easily. It can be a little jumpy and seems to not like EMI very much. Good fist detector in that range. Love that it takes 2 AA batteries and seems to last on those for quite a while. That being said you could spend a little more and get a nicer used machine. I am upgrading to an Equinox in time for the ground in Michigan to thaw.

I would consider Tesoros with their REAL lifetime warranty and lack of bells and whistles. I'm not a fan of LCD and digital screens.

To actually answer the question at hand....

The Land Ranger Pro is the best of the 3...easily.

Time Ranger is older 6.6khz tech...and although considered a sleeper by some veterans of the hobby, it is definitely no match for a LRP.

F22 is weatherproof...but that is the only real upgrade over the LRP.

LRP is one of the best buys in all of metal detecting in my opinion.

All-Metal mode
Manual and quick grab ground balance
V-Break
Adjustable notch
Adjustable notch width
3 pre-programmed settings (Coin,Artifact,Jewelry)
3 custom disc modes (Disc 1-2-3)
4 tones (low-mid-high-VCO modulated)
Pin-Point
Volume adjust
0-99 ID
0-99 adjustable disc
11DD coil

Goes 7-8 inches on a quarter in most soils. Good recovery speed - good separation - and passes certain nail tests my T2 won't.

The only reason it is not a huge sell is that is has the Bounty Hunter name on it. However, it is a true 7.7khz Greek series machine at heart...just like the Gamma and Omega are.

It was $215 on amazon a few days back...but back up to $250 as of now.

I really enjoy my LRP. I have no experience with the others.
Marvin

Back
Top Bottom