• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Fernandina beach - necklace lost (Updated 6-22-15)

Kapi

Forum Supporter
I was contacted today by email from someone that lost a necklace at Fernandina beach on 7-9-15. This necklace contains some of the ashes of a deceased child. I've emailed the person back and told them to contact TheRingFinders.com and Lostmystuff.net as I don't travel that far away. I've also asked for further information as to where exactly it was lost.. dry sand... wet sand etc... If I hear more I'll update here. If one of you has already found it please let me know.

Barb

UPDATED INFO 6-22-15
Here is a copy of the email I received...

Hi, we live in Fernandina Beach and a young lady lost a very special necklace on
the beach here on 7-9-15. It is very special because it contains the ashes of a
special little girl that was like her little sister who died last year. I will
try to attach a photo. Please let me know if you find
it.

Attachments

• ashes necklace.jpg
    ashes necklace.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 452
I used to find stuff like that as well as a lot of coins right in front of the beach bar at fernandina main beach. Not saying she lost it there , just commenting on a good spot to hunt on that beach that strangely got overlooked by detectorists a lot , atleast when I lived down there. Many times the shore was pretty much picked clean by mid morning but the dry sand in front of the bar seemed largely ignored. Its been a lot of years since Ive been there so no guarantees on how often it gets hunted now.

I used to find stuff like that as well as a lot of coins right in front of the beach bar at fernandina main beach. Not saying she lost it there , just commenting on a good spot to hunt on that beach that strangely got overlooked by detectorists a lot , atleast when I lived down there. Many times the shore was pretty much picked clean by mid morning but the dry sand in front of the bar seemed largely ignored. Its been a lot of years since Ive been there so no guarantees on how often it gets hunted now.

That beach gets hammered. Will say with the mild weather if it isn't lost in the dry sand it may be too deep to hit the very next day. I know I haven't found it. I can check with a couple people I know though.
FWIW it isn't 7-9-15 yet.

That beach gets hammered. Will say with the mild weather if it isn't lost in the dry sand it may be too deep to hit the very next day. I know I haven't found it. I can check with a couple people I know though.
FWIW it isn't 7-9-15 yet.

LOL you're right Larry. I just went back and checked their email and sure enough it does say 7-9-15, maybe they meant 6-9-15.

Which beach? I'll go look for it. If you can, get them to call me and I'll see what I can do.

I emailed them your contact info Chip. No reply from them yet. Let me know if you hear from them :)

Last year they had a women's volleyball tournament and the sponsors trucked in a load of sand. I quickly found out it was loaded with bits of barbed wire. I filled a one gallon bucket with it and barely made a dent. I reported it to the Parks Department who denied bringing it in but assured me they would make sure it didn't happen again.

Went out yesterday just before dead low tide. I received some instructions on where it may lie and I worked from knee deep to halfway up the beach and approximately 75 yards on either side. Found a nice Florida quarter ( bottle cap ) and a scrap from an aluminum can. Sand Shark starting acting up after 4 hours so I left sunburned, thirsty and virtually empty handed.

Left a message on the lady's cell phone and spoke with her husband at their home. Advised him when I can get back, I will give it a second shot. :waaa:

Back
Top Bottom