First day out with the ATP

Jeepfreak81

Hey guys, so today was the first time I really got to use my ATP. Swung it for 30-40 minutes in my grandparents front yard. I found a clad 1970-S nickel and a 1964 copper penny that rang a solid 81. The nickel was 6+ inches deep. Also found a rusty modern nail, a master lock key, and what my dad thinks is a piece of lead slingshot ammo?

0a1ff0e3568dcbfebac543a8baaade99.jpg

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

The ATP is an awesome machine. I've only had mine since December, but use it every chance I get, and keep learning more about it every time. One say I'll be able to tell what's in the ground just by the tone.

Congrats on your first hunt. I like my AT Pro even though I am using my NOX 600 right now. I ran my AT in Pro Zero Mode , 2 notches below full sensitivity. Here in my soil a quarter rings up at 87, dime 82-84, penny 79-81, nickel 51-52. Good luck you'll love your machine. It's a great coin shooter. I also like my 8 x 6 " Garrett Coil. Does well in junky locations.

Big question is did you enjoy finding what you did? Did it trigger the urge to go for more? If you answered yes to these two questions, you are hooked on detecting and there's no going back. The quest for "treasure"is now in your blood and you will be wanting the next day off so you can get back out digging for things lost. Good luck on your hunts and just have fun.

Big question is did you enjoy finding what you did? Did it trigger the urge to go for more? If you answered yes to these two questions, you are hooked on detecting and there's no going back. The quest for "treasure"is now in your blood and you will be wanting the next day off so you can get back out digging for things lost. Good luck on your hunts and just have fun.
Yup, planning to get back out tomorrow for at least a little while. I've never been so excited to find 6 cents

I've never been so excited to find 6 cents

I know, right? That's how I still feel about it, 'cuz you never know when that 6 inch 1970 nickel will turn out to be a turn of the century V nickel or even older shield nickel, instead! Just wait 'til one of those pops out on you!

Great finds for your first time out. Took me about four trips to finally find a coin - a modern penny in the middle of nowhere. The bug really bit me after finding the penny and seeing that it in fact, it was possible! I use the ATP, too. Pro zero mode, 35 on the iron discrimination. I usually don't notch anything out. Just dig everything at first to learn the tones. Then let you ears do the discrimination when you learn what the tones mean.

Thats not a bad run at all for the first time out and a brand new rig .
Keep us up to date on future finds .
The year is just getting started .
, Dew

Well I hunted the yard at my grandparents for another hour or so today while the kids were running around. Found a few more items. Got three very corroded wheat pennies. After lots of looking at the coins through my loupe and usb scope we think we have the right dates. Also got my first pull tab, lol.
732205f9e33f62ec63adf4b0c92e6790.jpg

I know, right? That's how I still feel about it, 'cuz you never know when that 6 inch 1970 nickel will turn out to be a turn of the century V nickel or even older shield nickel, instead! Just wait 'til one of those pops out on you!

that's exactly right! for a while i wasn't digging the nickel signals, because i was hooked on wanting to find silver. i spent a day digging nickel signals at an old school and found a 1910 v nickel. i'll never skip those signals again.

Back
Top Bottom