I have joined the 'League of Stopgap Nox 600's'!...A very exclusive club!

SittingElf

Being #5 on my dealer's 800 waiting list, I thought relatively quick sale completion, right? Wrong! No movement on the list for a month, and not a lot of optimism about next month either.
In the meantime, swinging my 4.6lbs GTI 2500 is starting to really kill my arm. Love it, but it's just too damn heavy! What to do, what to do?

It was Thursday when I saw that a well respected Texas Dealer posted that they had the 600 in stock. Hmmmmmmmm! Eureka! Called the exceptionally friendly and knowledgeable owner, and he had one left and honors the military/vet discount from Minelab. Shot off my DD214 and ordered online at 1:45 PM. Got an initial email confirming the order, and then at 4:20 PM, I got an email that the detector had shipped! AWESOME! (Didn't post the dealer name, because I'm not sure what the rules are here, or if they are a supporting dealer)

The way I figure, I'll temporarily use the 600 and learn Minelab's little tricks with it, and save my arm swinging a powerful MD that weighs more than 1.5lbs less than my GTI, until my 800 finally arrives. When it does finally get here, and because of the military discount I was given, I should be able to fully recover the cost of the 600, or awfully close, unless I destroy it. It's like a free rental!

Now the problem is what to eventually do with my GTI 2500. I am sorely tempted to keep it for the sole reason that I have the dual-coil "Treasure Hound" Eagle Eye, and that is fantastic for deep relic hunting. I also have four other coils for it, including two imaging coils. I DO love the imaging capability of the GTI, and it is pretty accurate, especially on coins. (B size), but having about $1500 of MD sitting unused for very long periods is wasteful, so it's a dilemna.

My 600 should arrive at my doorstep on Monday, or Tuesday at the latest. Manual printed, USB charger ready, VERY attractive hunting areas, unspoiled and not hammered awaiting!

Same kind of deal here. I bought a 600 to use until my 800 shows up.
I'm wondering if the market will be saturated with similar 600s coming on the market as the 800 orders get filled.

Back
Top Bottom