Maranatha permission

shuvelrider

On the shore of Lake Michigan is a place called Maranatha Christian Conference /Retreat, it's been there since around 1920 in one form or another. Actually sits on or near the site of a big hotel that burned down around 1910, this is all around a mile from my house. Finally stopped there this weekend to ask permission and got it, that includes the grounds and shoreline. I started looking yesterday and a bit today, just some pocket change so far. I saw some old pics of the area, amazing the size of the hotel and the community that used to be along the shoreline/channel that acceses a small lake. Some of that is now a Land Area/Park for our community, that covers a lot of area amongst the wooded dunes of Lake Michigan. I have seen remnants of foundations back in the woods, that's another place I need to look into.

Sounds like a very promising site! And it should keep you busy a while if it covers that much ground, will be interesting to see what you find there.

sounds good. Let us know how you make out. There's a similar retreat conference grounds in my part of CA, that turned up a lot of silver coins for those that first hit it years ago.

Back
Top Bottom