Stumbled onto what could be a great spot.

serchn4chedr

Elite Member
I am new to the game. I got a bounty hunter for christmas and a pro pointer. Been hitting alot of parks and other spots near the house and have found some silver dimes and a 925 ring. Needless to say ive "got the bug" now.

Yesterday I found a post on CL from a guy looking to pay someone to find his glasses he lost in his yard with a MD. I emailed back saying i could help but I am not looking for any money just new places to detect, maybe he or someone else he knew might have a spot. Well jackpot, the original house on his property was built in 1832 and burnt down in 1965 and the foundation was still visiable. Needless to say I found the glasses and now have a great spot to detect. From what the owner said there is 100's of acres behind him riddled with fragments from the past, from mills, to farms, to bottle dumps. All within a 5 minute drive from my house. I guess it does pay to be nice sometimes.

Great job on the glasses and the new hunting grounds, when folks ask me to find lost things I usually try to barter that for new sites too... I'd much rather have places to hunt than a cash reward.

Ya an upgrade is definatly in the near future for me. I have not been able to make it back this week but will be heading over there next week. I will post some pics. I searched for about 30 minutes around the foundation when I was there, nothing much but an old brass lipstick, a door knob and few other things. So many nails and iron, the BH TK4 cannot make heads or tails of whats down there.

That sounds awesome! That's just something we don't have here in California. Everything is just so built up and its hard to find places like that. GL

Wow, congrats on that! That's some fine strategic thinking, right there.

Back
Top Bottom