Garrett pro pointer AT

srichardson

I received my pro pointer yesterday and headed for the field. I love how much less digging that I have to do and how fast i can locate targets with it. I was about an hour into the dig and I turned it on to use on a target when the led light started blinking and the tone started beeping continuously. It does this each time after I turn it on now.. The vibrations with the tone seem really weak. I haven't had a chance to replace the battery to see if that is the problem. It acts like it has a low battery, but can't find anything that confirms that a low battery will do that.. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Steven

Last edited:
I have the Pro Pointer too (the carrot right?) one advice I got from this forum and now that I have used it I love it -- you can set it up in the most sensitive mode (3 beeps / vibrates) and find the general area of the object, and it will also detect it fairly deep.

Then as you start getting closer to the object, you can press the button while it is beeping and "detune" the pin pointer down a notch at a time to help you zero in on it. When you're done and you turn the pin pointer off, it returns to the high sensitivity ready for the next object.

Once I started using it like that, it is SO much better!

I have the Pro Pointer too (the carrot right?) one advice I got from this forum and now that I have used it I love it -- you can set it up in the most sensitive mode (3 beeps / vibrates) and find the general area of the object, and it will also detect it fairly deep.

Then as you start getting closer to the object, you can press the button while it is beeping and "detune" the pin pointer down a notch at a time to help you zero in on it. When you're done and you turn the pin pointer off, it returns to the high sensitivity ready for the next object.

Once I started using it like that, it is SO much better!

Didn't know that .. Thanks for the Tip OT !!

The one complaint I have about the Carrot is that it's difficult to know that the battery is low. I've never received any notification of the battery being low, other than it not working properly (very short range, losing targets, etc)

Back
Top Bottom