Deus locked my car doors

Funny Story

Some years ago my wife and I were in Arizona on vacation. We stopped to eat at a very nice place. I locked the doors on my rental SUV with the remote. When we came out I unlocked my car doors with the remote and the trunk lid popped open on the car parked next to me. The trunk was full with their luggage so I waited for them to come out. The man and his wife came out almost a minute behind us and I told him my remote opened his trunk. I got a very strange look from that couple.

iu

While I am a big Deus fan of all its abilities, I am not sure it locked your car. Is this "leaving the key" such as you did a common thing you do? If you do this all the time then I suppose it is possible but many cars will lock themselves in a set amount of time. The pushbutton start cars can not be locked with the key inside unless you wrap them in foil. Do a test with a window down and see if it locks itself without turning the deus on.

If in town I usually lock the car and take the keys. But if hunting in a park or remote old farmhouse where no one is around and I'll be close to the car I will leave the keys in the ignition. But it's rare to go that close to the front of the car with the Deus. I did try it once yesterday and nothing happened.

Can't say for sure what caused the car to lock the doors but still guessing it was the Deus wireless signal. Not a new car by any means, a 2008 Pontiac Torrent (same as Chevy Equinox) --- Oh MY!! There's that "E" word again.......

Back
Top Bottom