Silver spoon in the mouth?

Chipk

Elite Member
Was invited to hunt a backyard in an older neighborhood of Jacksonville Florida. Offered the young homeowner an Ace 250 to try hunting with and he eagerly agreed. Showed him the basics, gave him the 250, a pinpointer, digger and knee pads and he went to work.

He had a couple of signals he couldn't find so I dug them for him. One was a screw and the other was a very toasted wheat penny. He was so excited over the penny. I on the other hand didn't find a single coin, a first for me. HOWEVER I dug this very nice sterling spoon. It's stamped with the Chas Myers & Co name. They started in 1840 and today a 5 piece set of their sterling flatware averages $1200 a set.

I'll stick with plastic ware.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 150
Offered the young homeowner an Ace 250 to try hunting with and he eagerly agreed.

Whoa. This is an incredible approach. You're more likely to get a stranger's permission if you're offering them something fun like this, plus you're potentially making a friend in the process!

The only downside is you're creating an army of future detectorists who will then systematically hunt out your parks and beaches. ;)

Great idea though. And AWESOME spoon!

Back
Top Bottom