First Return!

TheStelt

Went to the beach today and was hunting some dry sand with my F2. I was about finished and detecting my way to the exit, when I take off my headphones I hear a guy yelling. I turn around and he asks me if I can help find his keys. I say sure, asked where he thought he dropped them. He explains his girlfriend attached them to the dog leash hook and now they are gone. He shows me where they think they could be(about 4-500 yards away on the dog beach). On the way over there his dog takes off towards another dog going the opposite direction...so I just start to detect my way over to the dog beach. He finally gets his dog and heads over to where he thinks he dropped them. I start searching and after about 5-10 minutes I get a hit, its a single key. I show him the key and he says it could be his but not sure, it was a standard house key. So I keep looking and about 3 feet away I find another single key. He recognizes this one because it's his mailbox key a lot smaller and older than the other one. So now I know we are on to something and I said you keychain probably broke, he had no idea how it could break:?::?:??. I keep looking and within 5 minutes I find the "open" keychain and 3 other keys in my scoop!!! He and his girlfriend were ecstatic!! They gave me the "wish I had some cash on me" line, I said no need happy to help, we have all lost our keys at one point! I got a pic as you can see it was getting dark and needed to get home, didn't find much else, mostly clad and a junk earing. But it was great to help someone in need with the hobby I love!! What a great hobby!!

Thanks for reading! GL & HH!!

Attachments

• Return #1 Keys.jpg
    Return #1 Keys.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 361
WTG! Good karma is on the way to you. You made us all look good. GL and HH. Matt
Went to the beach today and was hunting some dry sand with my F2. I was about finished and detecting my way to the exit, when I take off my headphones I hear a guy yelling. I turn around and he asks me if I can help find his keys. I say sure, asked where he thought he dropped them. He explains his girlfriend attached them to the dog leash hook and now they are gone. He shows me where they think they could be(about 4-500 yards away on the dog beach). On the way over there his dog takes off towards another dog going the opposite direction...so I just start to detect my way over to the dog beach. He finally gets his dog and heads over to where he thinks he dropped them. I start searching and after about 5-10 minutes I get a hit, its a single key. I show him the key and he says it could be his but not sure, it was a standard house key. So I keep looking and about 3 feet away I find another single key. He recognizes this one because it's his mailbox key a lot smaller and older than the other one. So now I know we are on to something and I said you keychain probably broke, he had no idea how it could break:?::?:??. I keep looking and within 5 minutes I find the "open" keychain and 3 other keys in my scoop!!! He and his girlfriend were ecstatic!! They gave me the "wish I had some cash on me" line, I said no need happy to help, we have all lost our keys at one point! I got a pic as you can see it was getting dark and needed to get home, didn't find much else, mostly clad and a junk earing. But it was great to help someone in need with the hobby I love!! What a great hobby!!

Thanks for reading! GL & HH!!

I once found a set of Plymouth Duster keys in Lake Michigan at a fairly remote beach. I thought about that for a while and the folks who lost them had to have had a really bad day.

Probably the 1970's, no cell phones and no other phone for a long ways away.

They had to walk.

Very nicely done! Is there a "term" for a key spill? Coinage is called a pocket spill, what would you call a gaggle of keys? Anyhoo, good job. :)

Back
Top Bottom