2 coppers silver and a acre of wheats

imukdiver

Just began an 1852 build permission. Got a toasted draped bust and a counterfeit Connecticut copper. Pulled the two dimes and 25 wheat pennies. What does everybody do with all their wheats ? I haven't got the heart to just wrap them and turn them in. LOL
The counterfeit copper is my 3rd for the year. It's amazing how many fakes there are.

Attachments

• IMG_2700.JPG
    IMG_2700.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 260
Lots of early wheats are worth a little. Check for key dates or just bundle them up and send them to me. Great hunt and permission. Congrats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I make a game out of wheats. I bought a wheat coin book and am trying to fill it. I doubt I'll ever find a Steely tho unless it's in a pocket spill:no:

Nice finds! I'm keeping my coins, wheats included, to bequeath to my nephew when I croak off. He'll be soooo happpy to get them, I'm sure! :lol:

Nice hunt, hang on to the wheaties, roll the others. The coppers, why do you say counterfeit, and how can you tell ? HH Mark

Mark, the one on the left is counterfeit. It is actually a steel coin plated in copper. The rust spots in the picture are actually rust coming up thru the copper. Also if you drop it on a counter top instead of that coin ring you get a dull thud. I've dug fake KGIIIs, braided hair large cent, and now Connecticut copper as well. It must have been some industry at one time

Fantastic digs! I sell my wheats on that big auction site, great gifts for people that like searching through them. Me, I just dont have the time :laughing: HH!

First pic is the obverse, second is the reverse. If you look carefully you can see the shield of "Britannia" lady liberty, and the date line. You can see the left facing bust in the light but didn't show up in pic.

Is there a market for counterfeit coins?

I remember someone mentioning that some counterfeit coins are worth more than actual currency.

Back
Top Bottom