How to lose weight water hunting...

Swinglow

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
...wear neoprene waders in 89 degree heat. I finally got to do a water hunt yesterday and wouldn't you know it, the brand new proline waders I bought for warmer month hunting, were defective. Seems they forgot to attach the last 6" of the legs so I was forced to use the neoprene. I'm not kidding, I bet I sweat out at least 3lbs. I replaced it all with lead.....49 bank sinkers to be specific. What an odd hunt at a spot that has been pounded over and over by countless pirates. There was almost no trash at all and only 3 coins, 1 being a war nickel. The gold slump continues but it was nice to get in the water and hear that sweet excal threshold instead of screaming kids lol

I really need to stop being cheap and buy some quality waders. With how many sets of pro lines ive either thrown out or returned, you'd think I'd learn my lesson by now.
4f4ef2708743422a4467e39ce40fddca.jpg
b8d251e311805be399b38a7000b875cd.jpg
0a090ef2fe53a833e4d3bdf2b8c558ae.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yup, that sounds like a sweaty hunt! If there is that much lead within reach maybe you could find some other goodies hiding in there...

Thats a huge pile of lead! Regarding BMI weight loss via ambient temps...to achieve Human weight loss, immersing themselves in Cold water is actually a better medium to employ...Think about it, a guy is out in Cold water...core temp immediately and rapidly dropping, the body is forced into burning any and all available fuel to keep from freezing to death...even your shoes or hat...Like on any old steam powered rig like the Titanic or the African Queen...same deal...

When immersed prolongedly in sub Body liquid temps, the body will burn every excess calorie available before it kills you...Thats the theory here in West Michigan anyway...If there wasnt a dmaned old icecream store, McDonalds, or beer outlet on every corner, this whole State would be uninhabited...little dried up husks of Humanity littered all over the beaches like a Cicada hatch...

Look how fat Whales and Walrus' are? Not out of preference, but sheer survival tactics! You gotta load up on cheap and fast burning calories to hunt the cold!....If you cant gobble up a seal every now and then, or get to a McD's in a hurry, a box of 'Little Debby HoHos' from the Dollar Store may just save your life!....Heat is the least of your worries when it comes to survival or weight loss attempts! ...Gold Likes Cold! Thats why its in the Yukon and not Alabama! Plus, look at those Pansies in Florida? Sheesh! They dont even get out of bed until its 90 degrees or noon!!

Aside from our members here of course....The real monstrous gold finders in Florida are deadly serious! ...They mostly come out at night, mostly :laughing:

Attachments

• dec 25-16.jpg
    dec 25-16.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 257
  • feb 11-17-3.jpg
    feb 11-17-3.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
I went back to return the proline waders today and tried on another set. They also fit like garbage. I don't understand why the lightweight ones fit completely different from their neoprene version. I get its a different material but I've never had an issue with the length on the neoprene.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Dang, that's a lot of lead!! I give mine to a few fishing guides I know in exchange for some fresh fish. GL on the next hunt.
DL

hey guys,

What does lead go for these days?

People are getting about a dollar a pound on fee-bay after they make ingots out of it. I think the scrap yard here buys it for 25¢ a pound but I haven't checked lately.

I give all mine to a friend that makes fishing lures. If you have sinkers with swivels, you can garage sale them for a good profit.

I usually go diving for two pound sinkers but I haven't this year.

What an odd hunt at a spot that has been pounded over and over by countless pirates. There was almost no trash at all and only 3 coins, 1 being a war nickel.

This would tell me other detectorists are throwing back the weights and not taking them with them. To lazy to carry the lead away. A shame. Can resell them for $0.25 a piece to other fishermen.

In all..

The lead is worth a lot more than Felixes, scoop vs scoop...:lol:

Looks like Sportsman's Beach to me...

<°)))>{

Odd but it happens. One of my last hunts I dug nothing but sinkers and quarters:?: Id keep checking that spot though. That many sinkers id pound it to death. Got to be gold there!

Odd but it happens. One of my last hunts I dug nothing but sinkers and quarters:?: Id keep checking that spot though. That many sinkers id pound it to death. Got to be gold there!

Went back yesterday and it was rough as hell out there. What a difference a day makes. I could only reach the outskirts of that trough yesterday but pulled another 20 or so bank sinkers, then started hitting deep greenies. I had the wife and kids in tow and it was really windy so i only hunted for about an hour and a half. There were swimmers and paddle boarders EVERYWHERE on this beach on saturday,. As for hunters being too lazy to carry the lead out, that's definitely not the case.
I've got enough lead to fish a lifetime just from the past two hunts. The rest will go to a family member for misc repurposing.

Reminds me of my high school years, the coach would dress us, the over weight guys in plastic trash bags and ride us around in his car with the heat on full blast hoping for us to sweat off a few pounds so we could make weight in. :laughing:
I hated it but it did work..

Good Luck on your next trip back..

Buy the best waders you can afford.. you wont be disappointed. But you did remind me that I got about 100lbs of sinkers sitting around waiting for me to do something with them.

Back
Top Bottom