California instituting a mandated 4 day work week

If I were working there that would work for me!
2 of my favorite jobs I had years and years ago allowed me to get paid full time wage for short amount of days worked. I worked 7 at night till 7 in the morning friday night and saturday night, because that shift paid time and a half I worked 24 hours total and got paid for 36 hours. Left me plenty of time all week to pursue other interests.
Similar situation for a contractor I worked for after that, he didn't care how I got my hours in, so I showed up to the shop 2 hours before everyone else and worked restoring old wood windows he had an ongoing contract on, went out to work with everyone else all day with the crew then went back to the shop when everyone else went home for another 2 hours. Got my hours in 3 days, again leaving me lots of time for other pursuits...

If I were working there that would work for me!
2 of my favorite jobs I had years and years ago allowed me to get paid full time wage for short amount of days worked. I worked 7 at night till 7 in the morning friday night and saturday night, because that shift paid time and a half I worked 24 hours total and got paid for 36 hours. Left me plenty of time all week to pursue other interests.
Similar situation for a contractor I worked for after that, he didn't care how I got my hours in, so I showed up to the shop 2 hours before everyone else and worked restoring old wood windows he had an ongoing contract on, went out to work with everyone else all day with the crew then went back to the shop when everyone else went home for another 2 hours. Got my hours in 3 days, again leaving me lots of time for other pursuits...

Awesome! And look at you now, “living the life” in the Yucatán!

Back
Top Bottom