• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

New Years (boring) report

OZ_IL

Forum Supporter
Nothing exciting - tried behind a school for two hours. I was thinking of not discriminating but was getting nickels/pull tab hits every few feet so it was either dig up the entire park or forget about it. Set to discrim cents or higher, first find was two quarters stuck back to back. Rang up as 50 cents, quarter or dime depending which way you swung the coil :roll: Was finding mostly dimes and few cents, another double quarter find, a few more quarters, my first key for 2007 and then the cents kicked in *ugh* The last half hour was one dime and 12 cents. Couldn't reach the $3.00 mark - $2.95 instead, although two of the cents were ZLincolns and partially corroded.

That higher disc sure will keep some goods away. Try taking a 10 ft square section and dig it all sometime. Nothing to lose and might find some goods :) Steve in so az

steve in so az said:
That higher disc sure will keep some goods away. Try taking a 10 ft square section and dig it all sometime. Nothing to lose and might find some goods :) Steve in so az
10 ft square - I'd have so many plugs taken in so small of section it would look like a mine field. Probably 30 years of gum wrappers covering the entire park LOL. Sooner or later though I will have to not discrim. Oh how I dread that day :lol:

Don't feel bad Oz, I hit a tot lot late today for 1/2 hour, 2 dimes and 2 pennies and more little bitty pieces of an aluminum can than I could shake a stick at, my guess is a soda or a beer can went through the shredder with all of last years x-mas trees...............

Back
Top Bottom