Ring maybe?

spittfire

Elite Member
Think I found my first ring! Not sure because the back looks funny :lol: Went out to the factory and again on the first dig I found the ring, used the farmland program on my DFX and even though there was alot of noise I was only digging the + signs on the screen. Not sure how well it will do as I only had an hour and it was already getting dark but it looks promising. Will try again tomorrow in the same area and see what happens. Don't think it is anything but junk jewelry but I got out today and that is always great!! :yes: :yes:

Attachments

• ring maybe 10001.JPG
    ring maybe 10001.JPG
    15.9 KB · Views: 133
  • Ring back maybe0001.JPG
    Ring back maybe0001.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 98
The front says "LOVE" on it. I'm guessing a junk ring, but a ring none the less. :yes:

I am sure you are right, but it is the closest thing I have come to that resembles a ring other than the pop tabs I have found :lol:
Question, you have a DFX, I am trying to set my block edit and it is the most frustrating setting of them all. I hit block edit and enter, enter again to change from accept to reject then use the arrows to go up or down. My problem is this, if I start changing the numbers and stop where I want it to reject say -21 do I hit enter or the menu key to set that and then do I do the same routine for -20 to -95. I have read the book for the last 2 hours and I am more confused than ever. Couldn't it just tell you step by step what to do??? Any help would be appreciated :yes:

Yeah its a ring Spit... I found the same one and deposited in the trash :lol: Congrats on your first :)

It is always good to find a ring. Maybe the next one will have a diamond in it. : :yes:

spittfire said:
Cfmct-PI said:
Yeah its a ring Spit... I found the same one and deposited in the trash :lol: Congrats on your first :)

Trash! I am keeping it as a hallmark moment:)

Sorry but I'm spoiled by the rings I find in the water ;)

To answer your question on block edit, quite frankly I've never done it because I've never found a reason to :P The default coin and jewelry is great for what it looks for and the coin program is too. I'm one of those "dig it all" kind of hunters unless I'm in extremely trashy areas and then I'll use the coin only program ;)

Spittfire,
Once you have run thru the numbers to ACCEPT(+95 thru -20), you use the ENTER key to toggle to REJECT at -21 thru -95, then use the MENU key to exit back to the menu navigation mode. Hope this helps.

it counts as a ring in my book Spittfire, congrats . the gold ones arn't far behind

dfxrus said:
Spittfire,
Once you have run thru the numbers to ACCEPT(+95 thru -20), you use the ENTER key to toggle to REJECT at -21 thru -95, then use the MENU key to exit back to the menu navigation mode. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the information, I get the theory of what to do as I am blocking out the numbers that I wish to reject and putting in the numbers to accept but trying to follow the book on how to do it by going into disc edit and toggling back and forth to block edit is driving me nuts.

Do you have Jeff Foster's book "Digging Deeper With the DFX"? His explanation of using "disc edit" & "block edit" is much easier to follow than the owner's manual (IMHO). If you don't have this, I can scan that page and e-mail it to you, or just post it here. Yeah I agree, I got terribly confused trying to set this up the first time by the manual.

dfxrus said:
Do you have Jeff Foster's book "Digging Deeper With the DFX"? His explanation of using "disc edit" & "block edit" is much easier to follow than the owner's manual (IMHO). If you don't have this, I can scan that page and e-mail it to you, or just post it here. Yeah I agree, I got terribly confused trying to set this up the first time by the manual.

Yes I do have the Digging Deeper book, thank you for the offer though. I think I have got it correct this time, however I expected the - signals to be quiet and the range that is accepted to give a tone. What I am getting is tones on everything, just a difference in the sounds. Is that correct???

By setting a VDI number to be REJECTED, the DFX will either produce a "broken" audio (chatter) or no audio at all on targets that reflect that particular VDI number.An ACCEPTED VDI number will produce a more clear, solid audio signal on targets which would produce that particular VDI number.

Back
Top Bottom