Finds of the year

A

argentum40

Well as 06 comes to a close i thought i would post up some of my better finds from the past 12 months.. these are the ones what brought the biggest smile to my face...

firstly the coins

Attachments

• img041.jpg
    img041.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 165
and secondly the artifacts

Attachments

• img042.jpg
    img042.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 124
:shock: :wow: That's some wonderful stuff there! :yes:

angellionel said:
I just love those coins, especially the silver pieces. :)

the silver coins range from Stephen in the 1100s to george III 1760-1820... i love the hammies and still get excited when i find one :D

wow, the md experience over there must be very rich, so many things can be found! is that gold near the bottom right?

tin_can said:
wow, the md experience over there must be very rich, so many things can be found! is that gold near the bottom right?

yep sure is mate,,, coin on the left is a Edward VII half sovereign 1909 and the one on the right is a Gold Solidus of emporer Phocas 602-610AD

Attachments

• IMG_0954.jpg
    IMG_0954.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0955.jpg
    IMG_0955.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 81
and the Phocas solidus

Attachments

• IMG_0913.jpg
    IMG_0913.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 87
thanks susan... they are my favourite coins to find for sure...nothing like digging up a lovely hammy...well maybe a saxon silver penny might just abotu pip a hammy :D

Good Job!!! It must be nice to live where the real old stuff is. Hope you have do even better next time.

Great finds and a great year, Makes me want to move to the UK. :wow: :wow: :wow:

Back
Top Bottom