MISSISSIPPI - Hattiesburg / Laurel area

a_cmc_2b

:chaplin:Hello to all... I have started metal detecting again after a 20+ year hiatus, so I guess you would say I began again as a newbie... Anyway I live in Southern Mississippi in the Hattiesburg/Laurel area and am looking for one or more hunting partners. Time of year and location do not matter to me, I just want to get out and swing a detector and see what comes up out of the ground...

I started back detecting about a year or so ago with a GTA350, and have since added a Coinmaster and QDII to the stable. I do not have a pinpointer, but hope to cure that sometime in the near future. I am not out hunting for anything in particular, I just enjoy digging up old stuff. Right now my favorite find is a simple die-cast motorcycle from the late 60's or early 70's that was dug up under an oak tree, but my neatest find was only a few feet from the motorcycle and it was an axe head and a large file, both laying within inches of each other and about 5 to 6 inches down. My guess on the axe head is that someone was sharpening their axe and left it laying where I found years later.

All of that said, if you live anywhere from I-20 to the Gulf Coast here in Mississippi or in the same areas of South East Alabama or South West Louisiana, give me a shout and lets talk and see if we can't get together for a hunt or two....

Attachments

• DSCF3191.jpg
    DSCF3191.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 183
Back
Top Bottom