Orange County CA - Metal Detecting Jacket

tonydmusic

Hey Guys,

I have been metal detecting for some time now. I live in HB by Main St and get to the beach often. Also I go rockhounding for gems and gold as well around OC. I am looking for a partner in the area that would want to finance something different with me. Check out this product I found last night.

http://www.drselectronics.eu/stealth-radar/

I want to try this out really bad in OC and in the hills around here. I am positive from my research that our area is filled with precious minerals and this would be an awesome way to go after them. I am way more interested in digging the targets from this vest. I cant afford this equipment, but if I can find an investment partner that sees the value in this like I do, well you wont have to dig lol just wear it and lets go hunting!

I don't think that would help you find anything. It's for large objects, not for anything coin/fumble-fingers related. If you took that to the average urban landscape, you'd be forever getting odd-ball hits on varieties of ultilities, etc... And if you took that to the average set of junky ruins (abandoned homestead, etc...) for purposes of its supposed ability to show you larger objects, it would just be hubcaps, junk, and the like (no different than what you could find with a regular detector or two-box).

To show voids and large anomolies is probably only of value to bottle pit (outhouse) guys. But otherwise, "voids and anomolies" are all over the place.

Well I am interested in mineral veins as well, so this serves this purpose but I was also thinking if it scans while you walk then couldnt you avoid digging alot of junk by standing over your metal detectors signals? I dont think this is good enough to replace a regular metal detector but I dont think as many junk holes would be dug.

....but I dont think as many junk holes would be dug.

I fail to see how. If you get a "beep" from your standard metal detector, then how is this contraption supposed to tell you "good versus bad" ? It's not doing any differentiating. In fact, it's probably not even designed for coin-sized objects in the first place. Just voids, large anomolies, etc.... How can that have any effect on "good versus bad" of detector beeps ?

I dont know about the EMI or how its shielded, I can barely find any info on this thing, but for good versus bad, it does a 3d scan to your cellphone so lets say for ex. Im not interested in any small coins, i would see its a small coin under my feet before digging it up. Maybe this is taboo but if this works that way, i would appreciate it lol

.... i would see its a small coin under my feet before digging it up. ....

No you would not see a "smallcoin under your feet before digging it up".

I think you have the impression that this thing shows you magical images of items in the ground. Ie.: like a "picture", or at least a "shape", right ? The problem is pixel size. The smallest pixels are an inch or two across. Hence everything that is coin sized (nails, tabs, coins, rings, etc.... ) are all .... doh ...... ONE PIXEL. And I doubt if it's even that refined.

And even things you'd THINK would have "shape-revealing" info (like a horseshoe) are going to be nothing more than a messy blotch of pixels. Nothing you couldn't deduce from a metal detector beep, that "something metal is there".

Sounds like it's along the lines of...

The infamous Metal Detecting Sandals

Metal-Detecting-Sandals.jpg

Back
Top Bottom