Why Last Night's World Series Game Had Lousy Ratings

dan

Elite Member
Why last night's World Series game had so few viewers:

1. Drew Brees on another channel.
2. Taking the kids Trick-or-Treating.
3. Attending Halloween parties
4. Out doing holiday vandalism (Detroit)
5. Sunday night church meetings
6. Texas vs San Francisco? Where's ARod?
7. Brain sports pull fewer fans than do bang-em-up head-bashing sports, as in:
8. You wanna go to rasslin' or the chess match?

Don't forget #9: Watch the Miami Heat dominate the rest of the league! ;)

Could care less of the "ratings". I've watched the Series since 1969. Barely remember that one but each Series brings back many many memories. The dominate Oakland A's, '75 Redsox when Baseball became king again, '77 '78 Yankees, '86 Sox and on and on.... So much fun this time of year, sports and Fall detecting..

Could care less of the "ratings". I've watched the Series since 1969....

I was in 4th grade. One afternoon our teacher took the whole class down to the basement of the school, where the building's old heater boilers were and where the janitors lived (well, I thought they lived there when I was 9).

We all marched past a tiny TV set (lucky janitors - got to watch TV while they were at work), and we watched a few minutes of Don Larsen's perfect game, live.

I still remember it, 54 years later.

i was in 4th grade. One afternoon our teacher took the whole class down to the basement of the school, where the building's old heater boilers were and where the janitors lived (well, i thought they lived there when i was 9).

We all marched past a tiny tv set (lucky janitors - got to watch tv while they were at work), and we watched a few minutes of don larsen's perfect game, live.

priceless!

I was in 4th grade. One afternoon our teacher took the whole class down to the basement of the school, where the building's old heater boilers were and where the janitors lived (well, I thought they lived there when I was 9).

We all marched past a tiny TV set (lucky janitors - got to watch TV while they were at work), and we watched a few minutes of Don Larsen's perfect game, live.

I was told to go to bed, it's too late for you after nine innings during the sixth game of the 1975 World Series, Sox Reds.. Got my transistor radio I always kept by my bed and listened to Fisk's homerun.... My first love.

I hated it when they started playing the World Series at night. It's just not the same.

For that matter, the shot of Yogi Berra jumping into Don Larsen's arms wouldn't look right at all in color. Daytime games in black and white!

---Dan the old guy

We must be about the same age. I remember running home after school and watching the END of that game. Being on the east coast we were a tad earlier than you. I think I got in around the 7th inning.....Gil
PS, you must remember the "Nippy" Jones shoeblack thing

Last edited:
I agree... but here's some insight from my father, a Rangers season ticket holder.

The section his seats are in, for the most part are generally empty throughout the year... except when the Yankees come. And well, Yankees fans occupy them when they do. But believe it or not, he says about 70% of those are Yankees fans who fly to TX for the games because it is cheaper to own season tickets in TX than to get just a few games at the new Yankees park... including the airfare :wow:

The last time I went to a Orioles game at Camden Yards... there was hardly any orange in teh crows... just black pinstripes everywhere as the Yankees came in and dominated.

I just don't see how they have "fans" all over, in surprising numbers from people who can't associate with New York in teh slightest... they like them because well... they win.

I agree... but here's some insight from my father, a Rangers season ticket holder.

The section his seats are in, for the most part are generally empty throughout the year... except when the Yankees come. And well, Yankees fans occupy them when they do. But believe it or not, he says about 70% of those are Yankees fans who fly to TX for the games because it is cheaper to own season tickets in TX than to get just a few games at the new Yankees park... including the airfare :wow:

The last time I went to a Orioles game at Camden Yards... there was hardly any orange in teh crows... just black pinstripes everywhere as the Yankees came in and dominated.

I just don't see how they have "fans" all over, in surprising numbers from people who can't associate with New York in teh slightest... they like them because well... they win.

I don't see how anybody could be a fan of a team that was owned by George Steinbrenner. But I've been a Yankee hater since I was a kid - I've always pulled for the underdog. (Though I have to admit being a huge Orioles fan when Brooks Robinson was there - what a super-nice guy he is).

Yankees fans are like roaches...everywhere! :tomato: Similar to how Jets fans seem to turn a home game for the Dolphins into a home venue for them! :dash2:

Interestingly enough I noticed the same thing when at Camden watching the Red Sox play the Orioles. I told my wife "Check out the crowd...no Baltimore hats or jackets anywhere. What the Heck???"
I walked over to an usher and asked why there were no obvious Orioles fans in the park. She replied that when the Sox or Yankees come to town the Orioles fans just stay home..The Sox or Yank fans were just too rude and obnoxious.
Really couldn't believe it but what other explanation could there be????
I am a Yankee fan but living on the West coast I have yet to attend a Yanks home game. Can't imagine I could be an obnoxious jerk while enjoying a ball game. My Parents raised me a bit differently I guess.

Back
Top Bottom