What's so special about 235?

Nick A

235 is the number of silver coins I found from 1990-2006. In other words, pre-Minelab days... the dark ages when barely a glint of silver was there to brighten my days. I have found as many silver coins in a little over seven months as I had in 16 years! :shock: Even more shocking is that most of these coins have come from the same old parks I was searching before.

After blowing away goals of 50, 100 and 200 silver coins for the year, I have now reached 235. The only thing that could be next is 300, can I do it? I don't know. I am just a few coins away from my 1000 wheat goal, which after today's nine is 977.

So, on to today's digs... five silver dimes 1944, 1952-D, 1941-D, 1942 and 1957-D. The 44 and 52-D were in the same hole with a 1946 wheatie. The last three dimes were a surprise, as I was going over ground I thought I had covered before on my way to a spot I had not covered yet! Guess I need to go over that area again! :roll: Nine wheats, the oldest 1927 and about $1.50 in clad rounded out the finds.

Attachments

• 092209.jpg
    092209.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 282
Great hunt and great silver/wheat totals! Congrats! I am shooting for 25 (17) silver and 100 (87) wheats in my first year. Do you think your new machine goes deeper, just better at picking up the mediocre signals, or both?

That is cool.

You are lucky.

We dont have many old coins around here.

I do not have money to buy fancy detectors.

I hunt gold and artifacts.

I have found enough gold to pay for my 5

cheep detectors over and over again.

I wish I had an Etrack.

But I may croke before I ever buy another MD.

Maybe in tha next life,

Tabdog

That is cool. You are lucky. We dont have many old coins around here. I do not have money to buy fancy detectors. I hunt gold and artifacts. I have found enough gold to pay for my 5 cheep detectors over and over again. I wish I had an Etrack. But I may croke before I ever buy another MD.
Maybe in tha next life,
Tabdog

Tab,
Not sure how to take what you wrote. :( I didn't post to brag, but to share my success and tell my story to inspire others. I myself, was inspired to try Minelab after seeing another person's finds.

Luck is part of it, but so is hard work. I put in a lot of hours doing my research and knowing the ground...as well as swinging the detector to find these coins. If it were truly easy, everyone would be doing it. ;)

Cheap detectors make great finds too, so it's not completely about the cost of the machine. Researching your sites makes a bigger difference. My E-Trac was used and I traded some gold coins for it, so while it may have still been expensive, it was not as much as buying new, and I managed to get it without spending money out of my pocket. With the price of gold these days, it wouldn't take much to be able to buy a new machine.

As far as the finds, I'm a coinshooter. If I'm out detecting, I am looking for old coins. I'm not interested so much in relics or gold, so we have different ways of hunting. If I lived somewhere with more relics and gold, I would probably hunt those instead of old coins.

Best of luck to you and all. May your searches lead you to what you're looking for! :D

I thought I was doing good with 30 silver, and 174 wheats???:?:. Maybe I need a Minelab or a V3??

Very nice Nick. I'll never get those kinds of numbers around here with my E-Trac, but it certainly isn't hurting my count!

Those kind of numbers are incredible Nick! You must have a lot of parks to choose from.

Nice Nick! Your way ahead of me for the year :) I know you Hunt ALOT tho and put in the time and effort..Cant findem if you arent out lookin :) Well done...Hope you get 300 By years end...HH

Back
Top Bottom