More ancient strata for your viewing pleasure

Mud-puppy

Forum Supporter
Today...Lake Michigan, ..This is old sand!! Again, I was pinned to the wall with no escape! I have no idea when these deposits were made, but I've never seen blowouts like this as far inshore and as aggressive...

Theres 100 feet of beach completely gone...I might find a mastodon tusk in this mess...thought you Waterbabies might find this extreme of a vertical cut quite interesting...and, the NOX 800 in Windmill2 program seems to be able to deal with the black sand layers acceptably...the bummer is pulling targets in a rip like this...its nearly impossible to keep your feet let alone sweep and hunt...

Attachments

• dec 19-18.jpg
    dec 19-18.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 401
  • dec 19-18-2.jpg
    dec 19-18-2.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 384
  • dec 19-18-3.jpg
    dec 19-18-3.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 386
  • dec 19-18-1.jpg
    dec 19-18-1.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 397
That vertical cut is insane! Never seen anything like that before...the dig with the black sand rings I see that in OCMD but never the bay.

Cool stuff there MP!!

Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Where's the loot?

<°)))>{

Cool stuff there MP!!

Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Where's the loot?

<°)))>{

..There aint none! No treasures to be found at all! Just sand and Zebra Mussels and paleostian geolithic interest rocks! What precious metal 'loot' I may or may have not found in the previous years before the tide came in, has all been lost in tragic boating accidents or pist away on peppermint sticks and pennywhistles Brother!

Hell! This time of the season a guy is NEVER gonna see a scantily clad Maiden on this stretch! Sure, maybe at TJMAXX, but not out here in the driving wind and cold waves! So its more of a 'get out of the house' kind of deal than for hoping to find anything Goldy or Horney...

I've gotta admit, I've got no business anymore being on the helm! 20 leagues before the mast and three sheets to the wind most of the time!! :laughing: Just getting in and out of the waders reminds a fellow about the Old time feed store colloqialism: "Stuffing 10lbs of poop in a 5lb bag!":laughing:

There aint no gold to be found in Michigan! Pennies and pulltabs if you are lucky!! You know this!:laughing: I thought this photo would be of interest to the archaeologists?...All the layers? like how a termite must appreciate a piece of old wood?!

..There aint none! No treasures to be found at all! Just sand and Zebra Mussels and paleostian geolithic interest rocks! What precious metal 'loot' I may or may have not found in the previous years before the tide came in, has all been lost in tragic boating accidents or pist away on peppermint sticks and pennywhistles Brother!

Hell! This time of the season a guy is NEVER gonna see a scantily clad Maiden on this stretch! Sure, maybe at TJMAXX, but not out here in the driving wind and cold waves! So its more of a 'get out of the house' kind of deal than for hoping to find anything Goldy or Horney...

I've gotta admit, I've got no business anymore being on the helm! 20 leagues before the mast and three sheets to the wind most of the time!! :laughing: Just getting in and out of the waders reminds a fellow about the Old time feed store colloqialism: "Stuffing 10lbs of poop in a 5lb bag!":laughing:

There aint no gold to be found in Michigan! Pennies and pulltabs if you are lucky!! You know this!:laughing: I thought this photo would be of interest to the archaeologists?...All the layers? like how a termite must appreciate a piece of old wood?!

Always cracking up!

Merry Christmas bruddah!!

<°)))>{

with those cuts I'd watch out for an avalanche

Yeah..Great noticings! ..These ancient glacial dunes can spall off and bury a guy in a Hurry! Up here we call it 'slumped in'..Sort of a veerd dirt dynamic occurs this time of the year sometimes when the conditions are right... Only in the Fall/Winter with a sudden and sharp chill at night, freezing the moisture and binding the aggregate all together....

Coupled with a big onshore wind sawing away at it....Exposed substrata such as this 90 degree terrain is 'flash frozen' and holds it structure for a few hours ...I got pictures of hunting this stretch going way back!....Thousands of times working this area year round! ...

You can imagine a nice gentle slope going out into the Big Lake...Nothing like this dramatic 20' straight down drop have I ever seen though...Its quite an interesting place for me to go have a look of a December morning...Hard to get to and huntable Only open for a few hours tops....

As miserable as it is, I cant help it! Black sand all layered up to be damned, like trying to find a bottlecap in a foundry slag dumpster! Wind howling through the phones..colder than a Snitches Tip in February?...Getting up and heading down to this desolate place all the time? I dont understand it?...I absolutely have no idea why! But Whats a guy to do? I guess I bought into the bullcrappery of this Sport!...Time and Gold waits for Nobody! Right?:laughing:

Attachments

• me 16.jpg
    me 16.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 298
  • me oct.jpg
    me oct.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 291
  • nov 3-16.jpg
    nov 3-16.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 294
Mud

Looks like conditions are wright , you should find some old artifacts , dont get trapped below that cut, ya see a storm come up, leave , did anyone tell you, if you loose the facial hair, you look a little like Felix :lol: howboutit

That cut is a cliff and it's really bizarre to see a beach with no rocks on it like we have here. Mud, you need to make a trip to the right coast and we'll take you out in the rocks!

Back
Top Bottom