Anyone remember 29 cents Coke products?

OZ_IL

Forum Supporter
This bottle cap (sitting on top of can slaw) was plugged up today and figure the price of the pop should give me a time line. Any idea when a bottle of coke (broken glass still attached to cap) costing 29 cents would be from?

I have been finding quite a bit of 70 style pull tabs, so I'm guessing that time line.

Attachments

• 29_cents_coke_product.jpg
    29_cents_coke_product.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 135
I remember when a bottle was 10 cents, then 15 cents, after that it gets blurry, but I'd say it was very late sixties to early seventies.

Now that I think about it, that may have been from a game, where you won what was on the inside of the bottle cap--I think that was early seventies.

I use to take a break buy a 10 cent candy bar and 15 cent coke. I was making $1.65 an hr and had more money then than now. Oh Beer do you remember 99 cent old Milwaukee and 69 cent on sale

I use to take a break buy a 10 cent candy bar and 15 cent coke. I was making $1.65 an hr and had more money then than now. Oh Beer do you remember 99 cent old Milwaukee and 69 cent on sale
I got a one day a week job washing the delivery trucks at a big retail dairy when I was almost sixteen (spring of '72) and made $2.00 an hour--that was big money back then.

I remember going to the supermarket with my parents and buying Coca Cola in a bottle from the machine for 6 cents (c. 1958). That was a 6 oz. bottle. Hard to believe that a serving was only 6 oz. Now the standard is 20 oz. Maybe that has something to do with our rates of obesity?

29 cent coke

Yes I remember 29 cent coke, I believe it was june 17th 1967, I remember cause I was real thirsty after unloading 2 rail cars of washers and dryers for sears roebuck at 2 bucks an hour. I got it at a gas station where I filled the tank of my 55 crown victoria for a whopping .29 cents a gallon. By the way Doug, those green glass coke bottles were 6 1/2 oz bottles. The bottle weighed more than the contents.....Gil

Back
Top Bottom