Richard Wright of Pink Floyd dies

RIP Richard Wright...gone to The Great Gig in the Sky..what a great all time band.

The Great Gig in the Sky
(Wright) 4:44

"And I am not frightened of dying, any time will do, I
don't mind. Why should I be frightened of dying?
There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime."

"If you can hear this whispering you are dying."

"I never said I was frightened of dying."

Sad Loss

As an avid Floyd fan since early childhood, it saddened me deeply to learn of Richard's passing.

He was a talented artist and musician. If not for him, the Floyd that we have all come to cherish would have certainly not sounded the same.

I think that when we saw Pink Floyd regroup for Live Aide 8, the true fans thought that perhaps Rick, Dave, Nick and Roger had finally buried the hatchet. With that, I think we all thought that, although slim, there was a chance that there could be a one last Floyd album and/or tour.

We never got to say goodbye to the Floyd... in 94.. they toured the Division Bell... none of us knew that was the good bye tour....

Good bye rick... may you see your Julia.... may you rest in peace...

The really sad thing is, what with all the talk of turmoil in the money markets and news on Zimbabwe, this story hardly got a mention on the news :(

As said, what a tragic loss! The world of music is certainly a bit lesser today. Richard Wright and Pink Floyd was an hugh inspiration to all musicians and fans alike. His talent and musical compositions are beyond compare.

"The time is gone, the song is over, thought Id something more to say"

Remember a day before today
A day when you were young.
Free to play alone with time
Evening never came.
Sing a song that can't be sung
Without the morning's kiss
Queen - you shall be it if you wish
Look for your king
Why can't we play today
Why can't we stay that way
Climb your favorite apple tree