Time to enter the 21st century

foiler

I've been around awhile. Start mding in the mid 60's. Started with a army surplus mine detector, first real machine was a fisher labs metrotec. Have used both fisher's and whites mostly. But, the last machines I purchased where in the 70's and my inquiries about the digital equipment that is available now has swayed me to leave my analog past. I have been steered towards a whites XLT mainly because I've never used a digital machine, so I'm a beep n' dig guy and probably wont change (my coffee cans of jewelry will attest to that). I've looked at the XLT and like what it offers but have been reading about the multi frequency machines like the DFX. Seems to make sense to have both high and low freqs' for gold and silver. I wont be doing my relic hunting anymore,age and health issue prevent me from traveling far afield but there is plenty to hunt in the town. I was wondering what other manufactures might have in the way of machines that would be equal to the XLT or DFX. I would probably look for a used unit something under $600. And like the XLT it doesnt have to be a currant model.

Just an FYI but one is in the for sale section right now. The ad is only a couple hours old.

Welcome back to the best hobby around! You're gonna love digging with a new machine. : ) We'd love to see what you have in your coffee can from 'back in the day' too! Good luck with your digs. : )

Thanks 'frankiefry' looking forward to hitting some researched places in town. I'm big on research. I'm a history buff. Still trying to gather info on the 'new' machines right now. Haven't pulled the trigger on one yet. Trying to get some old heads to advise on the merits of multi freq' machines versus single. As for pictures, well firstly I don't have a clue how to put them up here. I clicked on 'insert image' button and it asked for something I don't have, a "URL". So much for photo's. Maybe one of these new digital machines can find a 'URL' for me. Besides I'm not one much for talking about what I have, but may so on what I once had.

Back
Top Bottom