Update on order from NE detectors

choppadude

Forum Supporter
This is neither a slam nor a praise, just an update. On march 6th I ordered the Garrett pro Pointer/Lesche digging tool combo. At a very good price!
Found out the next day (via a post on this forum) that the Pro Pointers were on backorder. I emailed and inquired about this and was immediately emailed back and informed that yes, they were on back order but they had just received a large order that day though they would probably not have enough to fill my order and it would be 1-2 weeks before mine shipped.
The next day I received a Form email stating the back order and offering a refund if I chose. I chose to wait.
I waited a week and emailed them for an update and after several emails on consecutive days I finally received a response saying they expected another delivery this week but no word on whether mine would be shipped.
For a large business I think the email response time is reasonable. Would have preferred updates without prompting. I know there is a great demand for Garrett products right now and it is hard for a business to deal with a sudden influx of business and they have to play "catch up" for awhile.
I am holding hopes that my order will be received shortly. I did pay via PayPal so I am on a time limit as to my buyer protection.

Thanks for the post. I am about an hour from there so naturally I called there to inquire about a new E-trac. Talked to someone who wrote down my info and said they would get back to me. Never heard back so I will be getting mine from Bart at BigBoysHobbies.com. Glad they have so much business that $1500 means nothing to them.

I ordered the same combo as you choppa, ordered mine on 3/3, made a instant payment through paypal, still waiting.

I ordered the same combo as you choppa, ordered mine on 3/3, made a instant payment through paypal, still waiting.

Just got word from the sales dept. That based on my order # I will receive my combo in this next shipment so you should also be getting yours.
I really think their response time is getting better.
Highvoltage, I cannot for the life of me understand why they would pass up a large purchase like your but you picked a good vendor to make your deal with. Bart rules!

I placed my order for the same combo on the 7th ...... But I already knew they were on back order so it did not bother me to wait. I had pretty much the same experience.
Emails came with updates and was not charged until Friday....that's when the charge showed up on my account.
It seems they are good at emails but the woman that answers the phone is us less as far as I'm concerned.
I definitely would deal with them again.

This is neither a slam nor a praise, just an update. On march 6th I ordered the Garrett pro Pointer/Lesche digging tool combo. At a very good price!
Found out the next day (via a post on this forum) that the Pro Pointers were on backorder. I emailed and inquired about this and was immediately emailed back and informed that yes, they were on back order but they had just received a large order that day though they would probably not have enough to fill my order and it would be 1-2 weeks before mine shipped.
The next day I received a Form email stating the back order and offering a refund if I chose. I chose to wait.
I waited a week and emailed them for an update and after several emails on consecutive days I finally received a response saying they expected another delivery this week but no word on whether mine would be shipped.
For a large business I think the email response time is reasonable. Would have preferred updates without prompting. I know there is a great demand for Garrett products right now and it is hard for a business to deal with a sudden influx of business and they have to play "catch up" for awhile.
I am holding hopes that my order will be received shortly. I did pay via PayPal so I am on a time limit as to my buyer protection.

Wonder how long it takes to get a replacement propointer from the factory right now if it goes down? I have more than one brand pinpointer. Don't ever want to be without one inland. I have a pistolprobe and that automax one. May buy a propointer again as a back up? Won't be doing it until things slow down. By the way some sell their propointers they get in package deals for less than you can find one anywhere at times. I'm talking brand new in the box. May be an option for you. I just prefer to buy from someone with quite a few posts or good feedback. Someone with their first post being an atpro or propointer for sale i dont even give it a second look. They'd have to agree to ship before i paid for it otherwise.

Ran into the same experiences. Left 4 messages to inquire about an Etrac and never heard back. Just deal with Bart. He's even around after hours if you leave him a message. I ended up picking up a used Etrac but for everything else, Bart's my man. Oh yeah, still waiting for my Lesche/pro pointer "deal". Good thing the grounds still frozen in the northeast.

Update-- finally got my order but I learned my lesson if I need anything else I can't depend on them. I'd get fired if I didn't return sales calls. 😬

I placed my order for the same combo on the 7th ...... But I already knew they were on back order so it did not bother me to wait. I had pretty much the same experience.
Emails came with updates and was not charged until Friday....that's when the charge showed up on my account.
It seems they are good at emails but the woman that answers the phone is us less as far as I'm concerned.
I definitely would deal with them again.

I got an email today with tracking on my Garrett PP and Lesche digger.
13 days from when I placed the order. I don't think that was to bad for a national back order.
Their phone service does stink.....placed 1 call....no answer back....went to email...not 1 problem.

Just received an email From NE detectors with tracking info.
I have seen a lot post on here from guys not happy with the service but I decided that I would give them a try. I ended up getting the Garrett Pro pointer and Lesche digging special and ended up paying $117 shipped and for that price I feel 2 1/2 weeks was a reasonable timeframe especially for a back ordered item. I am sure that there are guys who are paying full price for the Pro pointer still waiting so I am sure they did not shove me to the back of the line just because I got the special deal.
All my emails were answered and I have no problem doing business with them again in the future.

Ran into the same experiences. Left 4 messages to inquire about an Etrac and never heard back. Just deal with Bart. He's even around after hours if you leave him a message. I ended up picking up a used Etrac but for everything else, Bart's my man. Oh yeah, still waiting for my Lesche/pro pointer "deal". Good thing the grounds still frozen in the northeast.

this right here ^^

I'll tell you about my experience with Bart.
I was looking to buy an Etrac so I took everybody's advice here and called him.
I told him I was a member here and asked him if his website advertised price was his best price, he said yes that was it.
I said, thank you and bought it some where else.
Just in the past 2 weeks I decided to buy an F2 3 coil package as a loaner for friends and Pmed him here about a price. He had the best price I found on the 3 coil package but not on an F2 by itself.
I bought the package from him and it was delivered promptly after his back order came in.
So I guess everyone has back orders and bad phone days.
Overall I can not complain about any of the sponsors here.

Just received an email From NE detectors with tracking info.
I have seen a lot post on here from guys not happy with the service but I decided that I would give them a try. I ended up getting the Garrett Pro pointer and Lesche digging special and ended up paying $117 shipped and for that price I feel 2 1/2 weeks was a reasonable timeframe especially for a back ordered item. I am sure that there are guys who are paying full price for the Pro pointer still waiting so I am sure they did not shove me to the back of the line just because I got the special deal.
All my emails were answered and I have no problem doing business with them again in the future.

Received a conformation e-mail from them today as well, package sent, should be here in 1-3 days.

I must say that I was less than impressed with my recent transaction with them.

I ordered a lesche digging tool March 12 and my CC was billed that same day. On March 19, a full week latter, I get an email stating "New Status: Picked up or waiting for pick up". This confused rather then clarified the situation so I decided to call them. The support service, although friendly, really could do nothing more than pass on my information. I than received another email that the item was indeed shipped.

They did have the best price I could find and once it was shipped, I got it promptly but they could do a much better job of communication and it shouldn't take a week to get around to shipping the order especially since my card was billed the same day.

Minor problem, yes, but doing business with a company shouldn't be a hassle either.

I received my Garrett Pro Pointer/Lesche Combo today.17 Days from the time I placed my order to having the items in my hand. Not bad at all especially considered the Pro pointer was on back order. And I bought both items for LESS that I paid for my first Pro Pointer!
I feel that although not perfect, NE detectors have taken a lot of the criticism to heart and have made improvements to how they do business. They are not perfect but then nobody is. The key is they are moving in the right direction and that is good.
I have asked for a quote on a detector and if the price is right I will give them some more business in the future.

No back orders here. Got 7 PP on the shelf today and 30 on the way next wk.
Thanks, phil

Back
Top Bottom