Getting permission for a baseball field turned garden at a collage

MattLock

Elite Member
So at my collage there is this old baseball field that they turned into to a organic garden five years ago. I would like to hunt it soon. But am not sure how to pitch the idea to my professor. Am in his class and we're the only class that uses it. Now it's 4 acres but not all is accessible. The middle is thick brush. But is going to be burned soon. The area being used for the garden has 3 feet of soil addmenments to make up for the bad clay. So what if I pitched it as removing rusty nails and pull tabs from the organic garden to him. How would you guys go about this ?

Hey you know the guy ,half the battle is won , tell him your have a interest in the history of the area . Sounds like a great hunt coming up !
GL ,,,,,HH

For real? I wouldnt even ask or say dick to anybody...I'd just go give it a fast sweep to voidere the potentials....Anybody gives you any sass, 'Hey, have a look at my student ID! I'm out here doing a favor!!!

No trouble at all...I hunted rabbits and pheasants on BGSU campus with my bow with no conflicts...just go...nobody really gives a good diddly damn...say you are looking for 'Lead Water Pipes' if they do..

.... Am in his class and we're the only class that uses it. ...

So access is not the issue, right ? In other words, you can legitimately be there, right ? Then .... what would happen if you simply went detecting then ? So .... is there some reason why md'ing is "not allowed" ?

Tell them your detector is actually a weedeater but you ran out of string...:laughing:

Or, heck, when the OP student here was there the prior week , didn't he loose his boyscout ring after all ? :roll:

Wear a nice collared clean shirt, preferably one with the collage logo. Bring a clipboard with some data about iron content of soils and a check list. any time you dig something you put a smiley face on the clipboard and continue on.

Anyone asks, you show them your school I.D. and say you're checking the soil before the garden goes in. What are you checking it for? Metal content. Then say something about red ants and ground wasps. That should clear them out of the area.

You originally said that it wasn't all that accessible, so by that I would assume that there aren't a lot of people mulling around out there. So who would say anything, if you just went out there and took a walk around that brush in the middle ? Would anyone even know you were there ? Sounds like it's school property, you are a student at the school (right ?), so I don't really see the big deal. Have at it, and good luck (oh, and take your MD). Seeing as it used to be a baseball field, you may find some old coins, maybe even "silver" ! :yes:

baseball02_big.jpg

You originally said that it wasn't all that accessible, so by that I would assume that there aren't a lot of people mulling around out there. So who would say anything, if you just went out there and took a walk around that brush in the middle ? Would anyone even know you were there ? Sounds like it's school property, you are a student at the school (right ?), so I don't really see the big deal. Have at it, and good luck (oh, and take your MD). Seeing as it used to be a baseball field, you may find some old coins, maybe even "silver" ! :yes:

It's four acres but the middle of it was never used or kept up so little trees now have overgrown.

A collage is a group of photo clippings.

A college is where you go to school.

Don't ask, just go for it on a weekend or evening.

Well he officially said yes. I knew he would just had to be sure tho. He said I've dug up all sorts of junk including needles yikes who know what they Were doing in the baseball field.

Well he officially said yes. I knew he would just had to be sure tho. He said I've dug up all sorts of junk including needles yikes who know what they Were doing in the baseball field.

Hopefully they were losing some jewelry and silver for you to find. Good Luck :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom