Bucket lister!

MytBrednec

43c0d620cfc112104e30d82d9b7bb413.jpg

And lot of you will think I'm nuts for calling this one a bucket lister but there are some reasons. I was 10 years old in 1976 and sang a solo of the Little Drummer Boy in the school program that year. And I have collected these quarters since I was 16 or 17 years old. I probably have $80 worth of them. All I have received as change down through the years.
Shawn

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I also have the fancy of the Bi-centennial Quarters. Like you I have saved them for some time. Always thought there were neat. I must have now a couple hundred dollars worth in the safe deposit box. Congrats on digging your first. Jack

I collect them too, but, I don't have quite so many. Maybe $20-$25 worth. I get the blank US quarters books and try to fill them up.

I figured a bunch of folks would be saying " this lunatic pulls a seated dime and 1909 and 1919 wheaties one day, and then the next day gets excited over a bicentennial quarter?" LOL I like them all!
Shawn

Cool story! My younger brother was born that year and he always used to get them from our grandma in bday cards. I don't know what it is, but the image on that coin conjures up a very patriotic spirit!!

Bi-Centennials are always cool to find and collect, no doubt! One of my favorite coins for sure!

For some reason I always hold them aside in a drawer when I find one in my loose change, my wife thinks I'm nuts.

they are cool... I have only found a few in my time detecting.. I just found one a few hunts go..

Nice find!! I hang on to all of the Drummer Boy quarters I get. Even though I know they are only worth 25 cents I just can't make myself spend them, they are too cool.

Drummer Boy

Congratulations to you for finding a childhood memory. Metal detecting for me means, sometimes finding childhood memories such as a mercury dime, or ben franklin or walking liberty half dollar that I use to collect on my paper route when I was a kid. I remember walking down my street, staring at a standing liberty quarter that I just collected, thinking I've never seen one of these before. That was probably in 1955 and I was ten years old. Even today, I can see that quarter, in my hand, even thought it was a long time ago. I love this hobby. It's funny how finding such a little thing, such as a dime or quarter can have such a big impact on our lives.
HH everyone

Congratulations to you for finding a childhood memory. Metal detecting for me means, sometimes finding childhood memories such as a mercury dime, or ben franklin or walking liberty half dollar that I use to collect on my paper route when I was a kid. I remember walking down my street, staring at a standing liberty quarter that I just collected, thinking I've never seen one of these before. That was probably in 1955 and I was ten years old. Even today, I can see that quarter, in my hand, even thought it was a long time ago. I love this hobby. It's funny how finding such a little thing, such as a dime or quarter can have such a big impact on our lives.
HH everyone
We'll said Hikerdude. My sentiments exactly
Shawn

I was 8 when they came out and I save them when I see them. Bicentennial seemed like such a huge deal to me even at that age. I still remember thinking about what would be the next milestone in my lifetime and how old I would be. My conclusion was the year 2000 and wow, I would be a whopping 32! That milestone came and went so long ago already and I really have nothing to show relating to it but I still cling to bicentennial stuff! I do not have the collection Shawn does tho...wow! Congrats !!!

I have also saved all my Bicentennial Qs for years now, Always been one of my favorite designs. I thought I was a rare breed for saving them, didn't realize so many people also save em. I also have a nice stash of Bicentennial silver proof sets, It's a very patriotic design for sure. Congrats on your find!

Back
Top Bottom