computer networking

Kris in WA

ok, i live next door to my father in law. i have a wireless card in my computer that i am connecting to his internet via his wireless router. i have another computer that i want hooked up. i was wondering if i can connect both my computers to MY wireless router and use my router as a wireless reciever to connect to his network. anyone have any ideas? i just dont want to have to buy another wireless card

What you really need is a wireless bridge instead of a router. "If" you have a Linksys router, there is software out there that reprograms it to make it a bridge.

sweet, it is a linksys, im gonna look for the software. if it can be downloaded, i can find it. thanks

sweet, it is a linksys, im gonna look for the software. if it can be downloaded, i can find it. thanks

if that does not work then you can proll'y enable sharing for your connection on the computer you have that connects with your dads wifi and then connect the extra computer to the one that you already have online with a cat-5 patch chord or bluetooth.

otherwise i have a linksys pcmcia wifi card that i cannot use. it is brand new except i open the box. how much will you give me for it?

Like sander said, you can bridge your connection to enable an ethernet cable to be taken from the ethernet port from your wireless computer and connect into the other computer to give ti internet. this is how I used to get internet for my 360 with a laptop. It was too much of a hassle to go buy a $100 wireless adapter for my 360 when the laptop worked fine.

If you need a step by step for it, I can help you out with either vista or XP. It's a very simple 2 or 3 minute thing.

Back
Top Bottom