Equinox 800 depth?

? # 2 Did you ground balance the machine ?, from your headline thread opener , you didn't mention a ground balance at all, Australia with that soil over their , has to be done. PS if your hunting in that terrain in your pick , field 1 or 2 might have been better, sand -- Beach 1, happy hunting Earl

Yes it was ground balanced, and we had no problem finding shallow (2-3in) test targets, even found a pull tab there :lol:. From other people's responses seems like the equinox does a pretty good job. Makes we want to go back there and redo the test with a different machine, dunno why I didn't think of that there. Maybe the one I was using was faulty. Who knows

LOL am I the first one to call BS on this?

Don’t be so quick to judge. Many detectors with higher feqeuency hit nickels at crazy depths in air tests. My V3i and Tejon would hit nickels at about the same.

Yes and no, in the UK and other parts of europe, much of the detecting is done on ploughed and rolled fields, so every target is basically freshly buried, so a detector that can go deep on a freshly buried coin in a test garden will excel in that 'real life' detecting scenario.

Doing a test by burying a coin is not the same as say having a test garden or finding a coin that has been buried for years... these tests where one buries something are irrelevant because they don't take in the consideration of the halo affect that a long buried object has.

It's VERY dependent on your soil conditions. Everyone's situation will be different, so keep that in mind when reading/watching reviews. When the AT Pro came out, lot's of people were reporting great depth, etc. so I bought one. I was lucky to get 5-6" inches in my soil. I went to the Etrac and it cut's through my soil like a knife through hot butter. You got to find what works in your area.

Back
Top Bottom