Not Eating Crow Yet, But I Might Have Too

Trashfinder

Forum Supporter
Ok I have a few feathers in my mouth, although i am not quite chomping the whole bird yet. Got the 800 today at noon, charged till 4 , crash course till 5, pulled out the Impact with 5 inch coil and found a target in my yard that squeaks out a 71 id that is right next to iron. Put it down grabbed the 800 and swept the spot and dang if i did not get a solid tone, both directions and solid ID of 13. Pretty sure it is a penny but damn i sure did not think i would get anything with that big coil. I hurried to town to hit a house i have hunted at least 4 times. I started finding things right away, i have found no silver yet but the clad i missed is a lot. I did found a cool token and something i do not know what is and about 5 wheats so far. No silver yet, but i only hunted about an hour. I am going back tomorrow and will post the finds , but i can tell you from just 1 hour that it is going to be substantial in what i left behind on previous trips there. Nothing deep yet only in the 4 to 6 in range. I was running park 2 with the reactivity at 6. Going to have to experiment and see if i am losing depth , i might have to lower it. It is like a Deus and Safari rolled into one machine. Only you don't have to search as slow as Fbs. So far i am impressed. There i said it! ::shock:

Ok I have a few feathers in my mouth, although i am not quite chomping the whole bird yet. Got the 800 today at noon, charged till 4 , crash course till 5, pulled out the Impact with 5 inch coil and found a target in my yard that squeaks out a 71 id that is right next to iron. Put it down grabbed the 800 and swept the spot and dang if i did not get a solid tone, both directions and solid ID of 13. Pretty sure it is a penny but damn i sure did not think i would get anything with that big coil. I hurried to town to hit a house i have hunted at least 4 times. I started finding things right away, i have found no silver yet but the clad i missed is a lot. I did found a cool token and something i do not know what is and about 5 wheats so far. No silver yet, but i only hunted about an hour. I am going back tomorrow and will post the finds , but i can tell you from just 1 hour that it is going to be substantial in what i left behind on previous trips there. Nothing deep yet only in the 4 to 6 in range. I was running park 2 with the reactivity at 6. Going to have to experiment and see if i am losing depth , i might have to lower it. It is like a Deus and Safari rolled into one machine. Only you don't have to search as slow as Fbs. So far i am impressed. There i said it! ::shock:

Hum, sounds a lot like what I have been trying to tell folks. Speed 7 will sniff out things too. I have gotten good ID using speed 7 down to around 7" deep. Or good enough ID and tone to tell me to dig, and have been rewarded so far quite a few times with still limited hours hunting (around 40 hours)
Speed 6 works too.

Will be watching to see what else you have to say.
Cheers.

A real fun detector to run- for me anyways.

Oh, btw crow doesn't taste too bad. We eat them here in Tn often.lol

Hum, sounds a lot like what I have been trying to tell folks. Speed 7 will sniff out things too. I have gotten good ID using speed 7 down to around 7" deep. Or good enough ID and tone to tell me to dig, and have been rewarded so far quite a few times with still limited hours hunting (around 40 hours)
Speed 6 works too.

Will be watching to see what else you have to say.
Cheers.

A real fun detector to run- for me anyways.

Oh, btw crow doesn't taste too bad. We eat them here in Tn often.lol

Well that bird might be untasty and a bit tough, but if i am pulling the goods i can stomach it! It makes me forget about it lol!

Well great now the doubters are caving. Lol and we are already trying to get our hands on this machine that minelab doesn't seem to want to sell. These posts are not helping[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Well that bird might be untasty and a bit tough, but if i am pulling the goods i can stomach it! It makes me forget about it lol!

I know what you mean. I made a statement a few months ago, basically saying if multi freq could indeed perform in iron in stellar fashion, my eyebrows would be raised. And they have been courtesy of the Nox.

I was running park 2 because of your posts TN. I did not have time to go tweaking settings!

Sounds like it worked.

I really can't wait to hear more reporting from you.
Will be interesting.

Actually I think it is time for me to shut up here about Equinox, and let other folks tell their stories.
I'll just read their stories and grin.

Sounds like it worked.

I really can't wait to hear more reporting from you.
Will be interesting.

Actually I think it is time for me to shut up here about Equinox, and let other folks tell their stories.
I'll just read their stories and grin.

Uh no i been reading them, and others, dont quit posting. I get good info from yours and others too. I jumped on park 2 because of your posts and one other i saw. If you quit posting i will start having to read the manual lol! You are way ahead of me i only have one hour under my belt you got 40 plus. I read every post , i do not always comment , but i do read all i can read so keep POSTING!

worse comes to worse, you can always drink it instead of eating it. Results may vary. 131680_0_1_1.jpg

I'd like to hear more tests where you get a signal with the impact and then check that same spot with the Equinox. Did you ever end up digging the signal? 13 on EQ is a nickel, if it's a penny that means the nearby iron averaged the penny down.

I'd like to hear more tests where you get a signal with the impact and then check that same spot with the Equinox. Did you ever end up digging the signal? 13 on EQ is a nickel, if it's a penny that means the nearby iron averaged the penny down.

Did not dig it yet , i hurried off to detect. I will dig that today and tell you what it was. I am also going to go to a spot that is small and well defined by curbs and sidewalk that i have pounded with almost everything made. If i find stuff there, then it will be time for me to man up.

Did not dig it yet , i hurried off to detect. I will dig that today and tell you what it was. I am also going to go to a spot that is small and well defined by curbs and sidewalk that i have pounded with almost everything made. If i find stuff there, then it will be time for me to man up.

Do you have any other detectors that you can try at the "penny" spot? Looking forward to seeing what it actually is. :yes:

The target might not be a coin. Could be a tab. Don't matter really, big thing is Nox sees it.

You I've been reading, and all the fbs/fbs2 fan people, one thing they don't understand. ID of a target can only be gotten if you can actually detect a target.

What happens if the Nox sees some thing the fbs can't and maybe it gives a bit of a squirrelly ID but good enough of an ID to tell the op to dig, and when they do they have a coin in their pouch.

Deus actually does this, but Deus ID is terrible compared to the Nox.

There will be many nice surprises had by Nox users you watch.
Seems most nickels I'm digging I see a 12 in the meter, if you see a 14 odds are not a nickel.

I had been off the forum for a while and just back the last month or so, I haven't been to caught up in all the Nox hype and don't know much about it. What struck me about the original post is that you were digging stuff you missed before, but it was in the 4-6 inch range. Doesn't that say more about your old detector then it does the Nox? I would expect an F2 or an Ace 400 to be finding that stuff as well.....

I had been off the forum for a while and just back the last month or so, I haven't been to caught up in all the Nox hype and don't know much about it. What struck me about the original post is that you were digging stuff you missed before, but it was in the 4-6 inch range. Doesn't that say more about your old detector then it does the Nox? I would expect an F2 or an Ace 400 to be finding that stuff as well.....
I am sure the OP can elaborate but he did state that the first target was sitting right next to iron. Even the best detectors will often null out around iron or the iron or other trash will mask the good target causing even seasoned detectorists to miss the target. This has been one of the selling points of the equinox. I don't think crazy depth is its strength but it seems to compare in depth well to detectors that cost much more.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Could be my misunderstanding. I took it as he had a target next to iron that he hadn't dug yet because he was off to an old site. At the old site he was finding coins that he had previously missed. Wouldn't be the first misunderstanding I've had (today).. LOL

Update, i still have not dug that signal i found in my yard, cause i want to try a couple more machines first and see what they do. I went back to the house i had hit before. Found some clad, but also found keepers 1 indian head penny, 1 barber dime, 2 buffalo nickels, 7 wheaties, some kind of token. I have pics and will post soon. Pencil eraser heads were all 11, no exception. Both nickels were 12, no exception, 14-15 pulltabs, indian hit at 17,18 , barber dime was 26, wheats were from 19-22, toy cars were all 30 and above. I also have a pile of nails some were in the plugs with good stuff, a couple times i got fooled and dug a nut, bolt and nail. Machine is good , pulled all this stuff in very heavy trash. One house stood before the one that is still standing.

Update, i still have not dug that signal i found in my yard, cause i want to try a couple more machines first and see what they do. I went back to the house i had hit before. Found some clad, but also found keepers 1 indian head penny, 1 barber dime, 2 buffalo nickels, 7 wheaties, some kind of token. I have pics and will post soon. Pencil eraser heads were all 11, no exception. Both nickels were 12, no exception, 14-15 pulltabs, indian hit at 17,18 , barber dime was 26, wheats were from 19-22, toy cars were all 30 and above. I also have a pile of nails some were in the plugs with good stuff, a couple times i got fooled and dug a nut, bolt and nail. Machine is good , pulled all this stuff in very heavy trash. One house stood before the one that is still standing.

Got that crow in the oven yet? Lol
How do you like yours, med rare, rare, or well done??

I am just kidding.

Sounds like you had a good day.

Sounds like your getting along great with your new machine,congrats.I was looking for smaller coils for the nox,haven’t came across any yet in my search.Anyone have any idea what’s in the works?

Back
Top Bottom