Tarsacci MDT 8000 hits 14k ring

Dan(NM)

Elite Member
I was able to get back to the lake this morning before the crowd took over. Took me about an hour in the water, to hit the wedding band in knee deep water. I don't recall what it read, but, out of the water it hit at 5, weighs a whopping 3 grams, 14K. It says wedlock on the inside. The inner layer looks to be white gold, with an overlay of yellow on the outside.

The 8000 seems to run smoother with black sand and salt on for some reason, this is a fresh water lake btw. My settings were:

-30 disc
-2 Threshold
7-Sensitivity
Manual GB at 638
12 Khz
Salinity at 28

Attachments

• ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 610
  • IMG_20200712_122516010_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200712_122516010_HDR.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 583
it's tough work but when you're digging that much trash there's got to be jewelry lurking around somewhere :-)

I see several beaver tails in there. They were discontinued in the 1970's. You have found a place that hasn't been hunted much. There has to be more gold, keep hitting it!

I see several beaver tails in there. They were discontinued in the 1970's. You have found a place that hasn't been hunted much. There has to be more gold, keep hitting it!

I'm sure it was cherry picked for coins, but, they left all the jewelry and trash which is fine with me, I'm not a clad kinda guy :)

:dingding: That's a lovely one with some style!

Dan........... I'm loosing track of where I'm posting with all this gold your finding! Another one for the Pile!

I dont know if you have noticed in the fresh water, but near or in salt water a lot of that trash ... pull tabs, can slaw, and even some bottle caps tend to upscale when deep.... well beyond that clean penny digit of 13. So in reality if your interest isnt coins or iron... the machine has good cherry picking capability. Ive not noticed gold upscaling to this extent. Funny how difficult it is to say im NOT going to dig anything above a penny... thats hard to do. I guess we all like a surprise.

I dont know if you have noticed in the fresh water, but near or in salt water a lot of that trash ... pull tabs, can slaw, and even some bottle caps tend to upscale when deep.... well beyond that clean penny digit of 13. So in reality if your interest isnt coins or iron... the machine has good cherry picking capability. Ive not noticed gold upscaling to this extent. Funny how difficult it is to say im NOT going to dig anything above a penny... thats hard to do. I guess we all like a surprise.

I must be a glutton for punishment LOL, I dig everything oh, I just don't want to leave anything behind :-) This is a semi-private lake, I have yet to see anybody else using a metal detector so I'm not worried about competition.

Back
Top Bottom