Selling Your JUNK Rings

Ive sold several on fb marketplace. I dont like selling on ebay, too many scammers and those fees suck. I price mine at $25, sometimes people pay that without even asking, others "talk me down" to $20 lol. Hey thats much better price than what they go for new. Sometimes they sit on marketplace a long time, get alot of "still available?" Inqurires and nothing further, but for everyone I sell I figure its like finding a $20 bill instead of that useless jink ring. Ive also sold some good ones on the same method, but for a really good amount of money, still a fraction of whay the buyer would pay retail. I love my coins and relics and wont part with them, but the jewelry I have no attachment too (unless its old) and I fund this hobby partially with these sales.

Ive sold several on fb marketplace. I dont like selling on ebay, too many scammers and those fees suck. I price mine at $25, sometimes people pay that without even asking, others "talk me down" to $20 lol. Hey thats much better price than what they go for new. Sometimes they sit on marketplace a long time, get alot of "still available?" Inqurires and nothing further, but for everyone I sell I figure its like finding a $20 bill instead of that useless jink ring. Ive also sold some good ones on the same method, but for a really good amount of money, still a fraction of whay the buyer would pay retail. I love my coins and relics and wont part with them, but the jewelry I have no attachment too (unless its old) and I fund this hobby partially with these sales.
I might try that with my next batch of junk rings.

how you are getting $5.00 for junk i have no clue
i can't even get 2.50 a ring for 925 silver off fee-bay
4300+ feedback 20+ yrs

how you are getting $5.00 for junk i have no clue i can't even get 2.50 a ring for 925 silver off fee-bay
4300+ feedback 20+ yrs
Are you using "Vegasplayer" as your Ebay ID? Maybe they don't want to gamble with you? :lol:

.... I have notice that the name brand junk rings will go for more than $5. ....

what a crying shame, seeing as how poor saps are paying $300 to $600 when in the jewelry store counters for these :blink:

I knew a guy who dutifully went through ebay sales, and yes, like you, he got a little bit for them (better than zero). But in the end, it just wasn't worth his time, and he now just chucks them in the garbage can.

Sheesk, I'm old enough to remember when weddings rings were ALWAYS gold or plat. Bummer that people have shifted to these cr*p rings over the last few decades :mad:

Tom..... its getting worse, ive seen plastic ones now are getting popular..... ugh. Ive got a bag or two of these as well...... have no idea of what to do with them. I do like looking at Market Place.... interesting stuff. Felix, you ever try selling them bulk.....or do you feel the $ amount scares um off? People are cheap.....they will pay big $ for jewelry at a store, but i dont know if they think they are taking a chance of getting ripped off or that it might be stolen.....or just think they have you over a barrel..... and of course some dont want a used ring for a wedding ring. Ive also noticed not a lot of people looking for their band if it goes missing like a gold one. We have clubs, ring finder, even FB people looking to cash in on an assist..... which people have learned about. But i dont think too many are combing the beach for a TI ring return. Ive had people ask me while out there .... help me find my SS ring.... i MIGHT try or i might say.... hey ive got bags of um give me an addy and ill mail you some.:laughing:

I read somewhere long time ago of a fellow that said he takes some with him to restaurants and lets the server choose one in place of leaving a tip. Kinda smart, get rid of a junker and save a few bucks lol. If my stash gets too big I may do this in the future.

why not show your real e-bay id ??????????
do you have something to hide ????????????
you can see mine hailtothekinggold
i am calling you out... how about it...

'

Great job on displaying the rings. Good copy about each item. Definitely makes it more attractive to the buyer. Good luck Felix!
I have sold over 20 junk rings and items since the start of the summer. Most at $5, some above and some below. I even sold two stainless Santeria bracelets that I had found! :D

I have sold over 20 junk rings and items since the start of the summer. Most at $5, some above and some below. I even sold two stainless Santeria bracelets that I had found! :D

My son just sold my Mavic Platinum Pro drone with the app “Offer Up” for $118. more than it was advertised for. Sold it in one day with buyers stumbling over themselves to pay more than the next guy.
The best thing is there are 0 fees and you get cash. Good luck Felix!

Offer Up is like a Craigslist on your phone.

Yeah , but it's not much different than the others. Easy to post and navigate though. But should be named "OfferDown". Because that's what usually happens

You want to know something funny? I read an article today that chocolate sales have gone up during the pandemic. I started doing a couple of pieces of dark chocolate and a glass of brandy every night for the last few months. :lol:

Mmmmmmmm! Great idea for packing. thanks for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom