Some Quality Gold

Right on George! Congrats on the high quality honker swiss cheese! :D Awesome bracelet too!
Thanks Dave, I was really lucky. Those 2 nice finds turned good hunts into great ones. If not for them I would be kicking myself for not trying a few other beaches like I usually do. :yes:

Very , very nice finds ! You were overdue like a library book ! What is especially nice was you being lucky enough to hunt without it being overrun by other guys. These recent hunts for many have been reminiscent of "the golden age" , when it was like this on 50% of my hunts. I've been doing a lot of recon up and down the coast. Hitting about 15 different beaches. Over exhaustion has set in. It is total hit and miss. Some being hunted , others not. Some that look really good , but aren't and vice-aversa. Many are being heavily sanded in right now but the low tides have been presentable. Finds are still there. Keep up the good work.

Thanks KOB, Wow.....15 beaches! That is a LOT of work. I might try 4 or 5 but sometimes if I'm finding even a few targets after high tide I will stubbornly stay until low tide thinking that the good stuff is hiding down low. It's a gamble that sometimes pays off like it did this past weekend.
To be honest, however, there were probably better beaches to hunt than the one I was at. I found very little lead, no old coins and just a few small blackened silver rings. Very happy with my end results but I think I beat the odds on this hunt. ;)

Well done with all those beach finds! You found enough finds to fill even a pirates treasure chest full.
Thank you JAK, Yes, that seems to be the way it goes with beach hunting- feast or famine! When beach is producing the jewelry can add up pretty quickly like it did this past weekend. :yes:

Thanks Dave, I was really lucky. Those 2 nice finds turned good hunts into great ones. If not for them I would be kicking myself for not trying a few other beaches like I usually do. :yes:

Thanks KOB, Wow.....15 beaches! That is a LOT of work. I might try 4 or 5 but sometimes if I'm finding even a few targets after high tide I will stubbornly stay until low tide thinking that the good stuff is hiding down low. It's a gamble that sometimes pays off like it did this past weekend.
To be honest, however, there were probably better beaches to hunt than the one I was at. I found very little lead, no old coins and just a few small blackened silver rings. Very happy with my end results but I think I beat the odds on this hunt. ;)

I have changed my tactical recon. The reason I'm going up and down the coast is this : I want to get a feel for how particular beaches may set up for the wintertime , which is my forte. I haven't done this for years. Usually 3 or 4. Fact is : seldom of late do we get high surf coinciding with extreme tides. I know I'm giving up gold in the SHORT run , but I'm looking at the LONG game of winter. Hopefully this is a precursor of what's to come. A few spots I had to leave because of tidal movement that I wanted to see at the same time. Beach cams don't always work for this approach. Boots on the ground , so to speak. Been hunting , scouting 8 out of the last 10 days , around 8-12 hours each day. Have to take a break. But I did exceptionally well and hopefully this winter WE all do good.

I have changed my tactical recon. The reason I'm going up and down the coast is this : I want to get a feel for how particular beaches may set up for the wintertime , which is my forte. I haven't done this for years. Usually 3 or 4. Fact is : seldom of late do we get high surf coinciding with extreme tides. I know I'm giving up gold in the SHORT run , but I'm looking at the LONG game of winter. Hopefully this is a precursor of what's to come. A few spots I had to leave because of tidal movement that I wanted to see at the same time. Beach cams don't always work for this approach. Boots on the ground , so to speak. Been hunting , scouting 8 out of the last 10 days , around 8-12 hours each day. Have to take a break. But I did exceptionally well and hopefully this winter WE all do good.
Well KOB you certainly deserve to be rewarded for all the effort you are putting in. I think this pandemic has changed my behavior a bit. While I still want to get out there and detect I feel reluctant to travel any farther than I absolutely have to- for the time being anyway.

Beautiful Old High K gold there Compass! Love those dark hunts!...so peaceful!
This being an 'audio primary Sport', who needs eyes anyway!:laughing:

Congrats on the treasures. Beautiful gold.
Cheers
Doc
Thank you Doc, Sometimes hard to tell with higher karat gold but my guess is that these were more recent drops. :yes:

Beautiful Old High K gold there Compass! Love those dark hunts!...so peaceful!
This being an 'audio primary Sport', who needs eyes anyway!:laughing:
Thanks Mud, Mostly peaceful, sometimes a little scary but always surreal. As much as I do love hunting in the dark the one thing missing is that thrill of seeing newly recovered gold shining in the sunlight! :wow:

You are smoking Compass! You should have retired years ago!! :yes:

Thanks OBN, I can't complain but I know I can do better. You and others have set the bar pretty high and that's a good thing. :yes: At least I now have the flexibility to hunt whenever I want which is a pretty nice feeling. I actually think that I retired at just the right time. ;)

Back
Top Bottom