Headed to Richmond

Jub

So my wife is going to be helping opening a Wegmans in the Richmond area. I'm going to be taking her, and while she's working, I plan on getting some detecting time in. Would anybody in the area be able to help point me to anywhere I could hunt? Legally, I should add. Any helps appreciated!

I wonder if I just saw the Wegman's you're talking about :) my sister lives in the Richmond area and last week when I visited her she pointed out "the new wegman's that's opening soon"

Anyways just a word of caution, as we've researched a little bit about detecting the area before, Richmond is VERY particular about metal detecting because of the obvious history that has taken place there. From what I hear they confiscate first and ask questions later if there's any gray area about the legality of where you're detecting.

Your best bet might be to secure some permissions to private property before you head there. Does your wife know anyone in Richmond near the wegman's or maybe anyone that will be working there from the area? Check in with the employees and start to network.

... From what I hear they confiscate first and ask questions later if there's any gray area about the legality of where you're detecting.....

From "what you hear": Any knowledge of this (confiscations, etc..) actually happening ? Ie.:: do you have any citations of this occurring ?

From "what you hear": Any knowledge of this (confiscations, etc..) actually happening ? Ie.:: do you have any citations of this occurring ?

I do not have any personal experience with this.

The information posted is a generalization of what we gathered when researching permissions for public space in this area. We found the antiquities laws to be written very strictly and a lot of park officials in VA have the same powers as police officers who can confiscate your gear if they think you are trying to remove items of historical value.

Just a friendly heads up to do your due diligence in this area...

Back
Top Bottom